Director, Summer Housing & Housing Operations
The Director, Summer Housing & Housing Operations is responsible for providing strategic direction for Student Affairs' business systems and the University’s housing operations. The Director provides leadership to the Summer Housing Program, which generates $1.7 million in annual revenue; oversees Residence Life operating systems, which includes $16 million in annual revenue and 2400 on-campus beds in 5 traditional residence halls and 5 apartment style living complexes and; provides expertise for divisional revenue projections, tracking, analysis and data management. The position is responsible for developing tools and systems to support these functions throughout the Division of Student Affairs. The Director leads staff within the Office of Residence Life and collaborates with University partners to develop the appropriate tools and technology to support Student Affairs operations, housing management, and brand messaging. This position reports directly to the Senior Director for Student Affairs / Residence Life and has a dotted line to the Associate Provost for Student Affairs. The position supervises the Assistant Director, Summer Housing and Business Administration and the Housing Operations, Assistant Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the development and management of Summer Guest Housing and Residential Life housing systems.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of all systems and technology that support Residence Life and Summer Guest Housing, including Adirondack THD.
- Responsible for collaborating with other University departments (e.g., Auxiliary Services, Bursar, Admissions, and Physical Plant) in order to link Residence Life systems to other systems that support students and provide them a seamless experience.
- Responsible for the management of all roommate and housing selection processes.
- Work closely with Information Technology & Support and IT project management to facilitate technology projects for the division.
Provide direction for Student Affairs business operations.
- Develop financial reporting and projection tools and systems for Residence Life, Summer Guest Housing and Recreational Sports revenue goals.
- Direct all budgeting and billing systems for Residence Life and Summer Guest Housing.
- Serve as a divisional leader as it relates to data collection and technology usage; collaborate with Information Technology to implement solutions to support divisional operations.
- Educate divisional staff on current University financial processes and procedures.
- Serve as a divisional representative on the Business Operations Group.
Facilitate Housing Sales
- Provide strategic direction for summer housing opportunities, including market analysis and price modeling to identify growth opportunities and overall summer housing direction
- Develop partnerships with local and national organizations, facilitate site visits, and close sales with prospective clients.
- Oversee the management of sales activities, with the support of the Assistant Director, Summer Housing and Business Administration.
- Provide direction for departmental marketing efforts, including digital and social media work, with the support of the Assistant Director, Summer Housing and Business Administration.
- Support the Senior Director of Student Affairs with the development of student housing pricing, sales and marketing efforts.
Manage High Level Departmental Responsibilities
- Supervise the Assistant Director, Summer Housing and Business Administration and the Housing Operations, Assistant Director (conduct one-on-one meetings, complete annual performance reviews, guide and support staff goal development, manage performance challenges, and identify professional development opportunities).
- Oversee hiring of part-time Graduate Assistants and Student Staff
- Facilitate strategic planning and development of annual goals.
- Oversee departmental budget lines, departmental policies, strategic planning and development of annual goals.
- Facilitate contract development and changes with University Legal Department and handle negotiation with on-campus partners including Auxiliary Services.
- Support the Senior Director in the creation of monthly and annual reports and departmental assessment.
- Serve as a member of the Student Affairs Departmental Leaders’ Team.
- Represent the department at divisional and university levels, including service on university and divisional committees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: 2 Direct Reports, Assistant Director, Summer Housing and Business Administration and Housing Operations, Assistant Director, 2 Graduate Assistants employed May-August and 5 student staff.
- Master’s Degree Required, preferably in Business Administration or Higher Education Administration
- Expertise in systems management, operations, sales and data management
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- A demonstrated commitment to education; preferable experience working in higher education
- 3-7 years of experience
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by October 13, 2017.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER