Posting # 2017-1216
Location US-WI-Eau Claire
Close Date 10/15/2017
FLSA Status Exempt
Hourly Pay Rate/Salary Based on professional, level 2 salary range: starting salary of $51,225 and midpoint of $61,243. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Hours per Week Full-time
Work Schedule Salaried position
Anticipated Start Date 1/3/2018
Overview and Responsibilities
As a member of the Curriculum and Professional Development (CPD) team, this Faculty Developer position leads faculty development activities primarily with adjunct faculty related to instructional design, delivery, and assessment. The Faculty Developer provides a collaborative, team-based approach in working with faculty, program directors and department chairs, academic leaders, mentors, and the Assistant Director of CPD to ensure quality in teaching and learning. The Faculty Developer assists adjunct faculty with development by facilitating professional development sessions, providing individualized coaching and communication, and by assisting the adjunct faculty with connecting to needed resources. The Faculty Developer helps all faculty with design and delivery of online and hybrid courses through assessment and professional development. This position reports to the Assistant Director of CPD.
- Lead the adjunct faculty development program, including adjunct faculty onboarding.
- Plan and facilitate adjunct faculty seminars (boot camps).
- Lead the mentor program and collaborate with faculty mentors to support adjunct faculty.
- Plan and facilitate ongoing professional development opportunities for adjunct faculty.
- Perform formal evaluation and classroom observation cycle with the adjunct faculty.
- Provide individual coaching and support to adjunct faculty.
- Complete adjunct faculty evaluations.
- Develop process to identify adjunct faculty teaching credited courses and develop evaluation cycle and tracking process to ensure meeting Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) and CVTC requirements.
- Review and update adjunct faculty evaluation process and documents.
- Develop and maintain adjunct faculty resource guide.
- Coordinate adjunct faculty teaching award and appreciation events.
- Assist with planning and implementing all CPD initiatives including:
- Faculty in-services
- Full-time faculty development program
- Professional development offerings
- Teach FQAS competency courses
- Faculty Performance Improvement Plans
- Staff and Leadership In-service
- Establish a solid relationship with all CVTC faculty and leaders.
- Exhibit understanding of instructional design principles, learning theory, cooperative learning methods and practices, and performance based assessments.
- Demonstrate understanding of higher education institutions and current trends in postsecondary education.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Work collaboratively with a wide variety of people one-on-one and in a team environment.
- Think creatively and put ideas in to actions.
- Possess strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in an education related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years full-time teaching experience.
- Experience with course design, delivery, assessment, and collaborative learning.
- Completion of all seven WTCS FQAS competencies preferred.
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and serves an eleven-county area in west central Wisconsin. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire and includes a Business Education Center and Health Education Center, plus a Manufacturing Education Center at the Gateway Campus and an Emergency Service Education Center and Energy Education Center at the West Campus. CVTC has regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC offers 66 programs, over 25 certificates, and customized training to an average of 140 businesses annually. CVTC has an outstanding placement rate, with 91% of CVTC graduates are employed within six months of graduation, with 88% in a related field.
CVTC has a nationally recognized faculty and state-of-the art facilities and equipment. Business and industry leaders serve on advisory committees and help CVTC match its curriculum to the needs of today's workplace. Courses are offered at numerous locations in traditional classroom settings, as well as online and in a variety of blended and hybrid formats.
Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment, admissions, programs, or activities.
View Complete Equal Opportunity/Access Employer & Educator Statement at https://www.cvtc.edu/about-cvtc/equal-opportunity-college