Construction Project Manager
Island Exterior Fabricators is a multi-functional company at the intersection of architecture, engineering, fabrication and construction. Our firm is focused on developing solutions for architects with unique requirements for building envelopes, be it exceptional performance, geometric complexity, innovative materials, aggressive scheduling, or cost. This is achieved through working with architects and contractors to develop custom solutions that utilize Island's large-scale panelized, prefabricated products. All of Island's faade solutions are designed, engineered, fabricated in-house and onsite. Island continues to work specifically on the most challenging of projects. We have worked on the design and delivery of some of the northeast region's most iconic buildings, for the world's most notable architects, including Neil Denari, TEN Arquitectos, Grimshaw, Morphosis, and SHoP Architects.
We are currently seeking smart, energetic and driven Project Managers from entry to senior levels, based out of our Calverton office in Long Island, NY. This position is a career opportunity for the right individual, with this possibility of additional operational involvement based on individual performance. Self-motivated and forward thinking employees form the core of our organization and we strongly believe in retaining and nurturing top talent who encompass the skills that define Island's culture.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Project development and review from beginning to closeout
- Quantity takeoffs and estimating
- Submittals, material procurement, and production tracking
- Business development and pre-construction support in coordination with the sales and marketing teams
- Customer relationship development
- Field logistics and engineering planning
- Provide buy-out of major vendors and sub-contractors including assembling RFP's and scoping bids
- Resource management and deployment
- Fabrication and production oversight and cost tracking
- Financial project management
- Travel to sites to attend project meetings and onsite support
- Work closely with the finance team on project closeouts, change orders, retention and receivables
- Work closely with Site Ops Managers and Safety Officers to ensure all safety practices are being followed
- Prepare estimates and material takeoffs
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in Architecture/Faade Engineering/Project Management/Construction Management or Building Sciences
- Prior experience in construction or project management with a concentration in structural, drywall or facade preferred
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (architectural and construction drawings, specifications, scope and contracts)
- Demonstrated ability in successfully interacting with clients, contractors, architects and consultants
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Strong organizational and coordinating skills
- Willingness to relocate and travel as necessary
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft project and other relevant software a plus
Island offers a very competitive salary (commensurate with experience), with a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and voluntary life insurance, 401(k) and relocation.
Please explore what we're all about at www.islandef.com. We are proud to be a EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
Island Exterior Fabricators is a multi-functional company at the intersection of architecture, engineering and construction. Our firm is focused on developing solutions for architects with unique requirements for building envelopes and ornamental metals, whether it be exceptional performance, geometric complexity, aggressive scheduling, or cost. This is achieved through working with architects and contractors to develop custom solutions that utilize Island's large scale, panelized, prefabricated products. All of Island's facade solutions and ornamental steel projects are designed, engineered, and fabricated in-house and on-site. Island continues to work specifically on the most challenging of projects. We have worked on the design and delivery of some of the northeast region's most iconic buildings for the world's most notable architects and developers.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:12:19 PDT