Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for on-going design, and troubleshooting of Network Computing Architects, Inc. (NCA) servers, networks, database systems, and virtual environment. This position provides Tier II/III support to NCA IT. This individual is also responsible for performing server, network, and data center remediation and support to external customers while meeting defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The Senior Systems Engineer will provide exemplary customer service by efficiently consulting with internal and external customers and troubleshooting/escalating accordingly.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Engineer is a key contributor to the success of our Professional Services team as well as our IT Services NOC in managing internal and client IT environments. This is achieved by quickly and proactively resolving incidents, and by successfully implementing data center solutions on time and on budget.
• Act as a senior consulting and implementation engineer for prospects and clients on server, storage, backup, virtualization, cloud, and other relevant data center technologies, services, tools, and best practices.
• Provide all levels of IT support and training to internal staff, collaborating with internal and external resources as necessary resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Operate as part of the team responsible for the continued maintenance, operation and security of NCA's internal IT systems.
• Implement and improvise support tools and automation required to deliver on SLAs.
• Assist with the administration and fine-tuning of our Remote Monitoring and Management system used to monitor internal and customer environments.
• Assist with the administration and support of our Cloud Solution.
• Assist with the administration of our virtualization environment.
• Provide assistance with internal IT projects and initiatives as required.
• Analyze both internal and customer IT related practices and equipment and make recommendations to bring technical resources in line with business needs.
• Act as a billable professional services resource on implementation and design projects. Expected to bill at least 50% of time once on-boarding is complete.
• Quickly and efficiently complete customer facing server, desktop, and network service desk tickets to resolution.
• Maintain customer SLAs while providing a high level of personalized customer service.
• Utilize internal ticketing system to manage schedule, workload and compile detailed notes as related to services rendered.
• Prepare metrics, activity and progress reports regarding projects, tasks, and operations
• Provide on call support as necessary, may require after hours or weekends
• Attend training and pursue product certifications as required
• Complete other technical and system-related projects and duties as assigned
Systems/Software required to support:
• Server hardware
• Storage Area Networks
• Windows 2003 - Current version Server OS
• Exchange Server and Office 365
• SQL Server
• Windows Active Directory, ADFS
• Digital certificates
• Desktops/laptops/smart phones/tablets
• Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 - current version
• Cloud IaaS and SaaS solutions
• iSCSI, Fiber Channel
• BDR System and Cloud Backups
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associate's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience providing technical support. Minimum of 2 in a Tier III position.
• Strong technical support and troubleshooting skills; comfortable supporting a wide range of products and technologies
• Working knowledge of support ticketing systems, managed services and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Experience with ITIL or other IT Service Management platforms a plus
• Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications a plus
• A deep understanding of TCP/IP networks including knowledge and exposure to complex network architectures, network troubleshooting, load balancing and network security is preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge in routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
• Experienced in managing production environments running Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, and IIS components.
• Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to non-technical audiences
• Exemplary customer service skills preferably with experience supporting external customers
• Understands what is required to run a highly available, highly scalable, efficient and secure service and can demonstrate experience.
• Must be detail-oriented; provide consistent and timely follow-through and documentation
• Able to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
• Able to keep a closed-loop communication with clients through the completion of incidents.
• Able to build positive and collaborative relationships.
• Willingness to develop professionally.
• Able to manage projects from pre-sales through post deployment support and meet reasonable deadlines
Network Computing Architects, Inc. (www.ncanet.com) is a technology integration company that creates road maps to allow our clients to see their total capacity and optimize their technology investment. NCA has earned the reputation of being the premier partner in our industry because of our ability to understand bleeding-edge technology and propose leading-edge solutions. We've had success doing so for the past 25 years and, through strong partnerships with vendors and established relationships with senior executives in the industry, we expect to continue to be a leader in the industry for many years to come.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:18:03 PDT