Adjunct History Faculty - Huron ISD, Bad Axe, MI
This position involves teaching a MMCC history course (HIS 101 – Western Civilization) in an environment primarily comprised of dual enrolled students at the Huron Intermediate School District, in Bad Axe, MI. Class meets in the winter of 2018 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population.
Review of applications will begin October 16, 2017, but the position will remain open until filled.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses.
2. Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet the requirements of college and accreditation agencies.
3. Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
4. Consistently assess learning outcomes and assist in developing strategies for quality improvement.
5. Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
6. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
7. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
8. Maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, and Registrar and Retention Services.
9. Works collaboratively with the Criminal Justice Coordinator in refining and modifying existing courses.
10. Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
11. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
12. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and objectives for the speech course offerings.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
- Required Master’s degree in History or
- Required Master’s degree and 18 graduate credits in History.
- Two years of teaching experience preferred; ideally at the community college level.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.