Adjunct Welding Faculty
Position involves preparing for and teaching the range of courses in assigned discipline area to achieve course requirement and student success outcomes. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online, and field experience including internship, CTE or dual enrollment environment.
* MMCC is seeking to fill two assignments at our Harrison Campus location. The first assignment is in the morning. This is a combined load with both H.S. and College students. H.S. students will meet M/T/W/TH from 8:30a.m. – 9:25a.m.. College students will meet, in the same lab, M/W from 8:30a.m. – 10:20a.m. The instructional load for this is 8 contact hours. Additional hours on Friday are also possible.
* The second assignment is a combined college section at our Harrison Campus location. The section combines the Metal Fabrication class and Pipe Welding class. The combined section runs on Tuesday nights from 6:00p.m – 9:30p.m. The instructional load for this is 4 contact hours.
Review of resumes will begin October 16, 2017. Position is open until filled.
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses.
2. Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet the requirements of college and accreditation agencies.
3. Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
4. Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
5. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
6. Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
7. Maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, and Registrar and Retention Services.
8. Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
9. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
10. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Welding or equivalent education or training is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding preferred.
- Welding Certification preferred.
- Two years of experience working in professional welding setting.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.