Assistant Professor - Business Administration (Accounting)
The State University of New York at Fredonia is a comprehensive, selective, public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is among the most storied in the State University of New York system and is the first in the SUNY system to be awarded the SUNY Shared Governance Award. It is home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and success. Fredonia is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students, utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual experiences, will be:
- Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and Knowledge),
- Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global Citizenship),
- Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
- Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and Professionalism).
Read a message from State University of New York at Fredonia's President.
The State University of New York at Fredonia seeks highly qualified candidates for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Accounting position to join its AACSB-accredited business program. The Business Administration department is home to numerous faculty and staff members dedicated to providing students with engaging and meaningful classes for future professionals. We offer Accounting, Public Accountancy, Finance, Management, and Marketing programs at the undergraduate level..
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Chair, the successful candidate will:
- Teach undergraduate courses in Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, and Auditing or Accounting Information Systems;
- Engage in scholarly activity with the aim of publishing the results;
- Contribute to curriculum development and refinement;
- Provide academic advisement to students;
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession;
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- PhD or DBA in Accounting from an AACSB-accredited institution in hand by August 2018;
- Credentials and experience sufficient to be Academically Qualified or Scholarly Academic according to AACSB standards;
- Relevant college teaching experience;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
- Demonstrated experience with instructional technology;
- Demonstrated experience to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated commitment to the university, division, and profession.
- Relevant business experience in Accounting;
- Interest in, and commitment to, community engagement.
This is a full-time, term appointed, tenure track position beginning August 20, 2018.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Complete applications received by October 16, 2017 will be given full consideration. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application.
- Cover letter
- Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities jobs in Business & Financial Management
- Fine & Performing Arts jobs in Business & Financial Management
- Professional Fields jobs in Business & Financial Management
- Architecture & Urban Planning jobs in Business & Financial Management
- Business & Management jobs in Business & Financial Management