Human Resources Coordinator
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Administer and maintain various employee benefits programs, such as COBRA, group health, STD/LTD, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, and retirement program. Ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction. Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives. Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices. Organize the annual employee benefits fair. Leave of Absence administration.
- Assist with new employee onboarding process, providing benefits information to new employees. Create benefits and new hire packages, and keep forms current.
- Assist with budget maintenance and credit card reconciliation.
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator; follow up on claims. Serve as the OSHA compliance officer.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources staff as needed; not limited to answering phone, processing bulk mailings, filing, event planning, ordering office supplies, preparing new employee files, maintaining HR files, HRIS, and databases, and recruitment.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Assist with Dashboard reports, surveys, contracts, audits, and department projects.
- Oversee the HR department's intranet webpage, updating and providing information when needed.
- Provide written and verbal employment verifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree
- Two to five years of human resources experience, concentrated on benefits administration.
- Bachelors Degree
- Self-Starter and follow through
- Good organizational skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ADP is a plus
This is a full time, non-exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.