Research Engineer - Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (A1700584)
Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Extended to 10/20/2017
The Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Research Engineer. Reporting to the Principal Research Engineer, the Research Engineer facilitates research efforts being conducted in a cleanroom laboratory environment and specifically, with responsibility for optical lithography training and equipment maintenance. The Research Engineer also develops process recipes for optical lithography, performs process troubleshooting, and advises students on optical lithography process development. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate, maintain and repair optical lithography equipment including spinners, mask aligners, and flood exposure systems.
- Operate, maintain and repair sputter and e-Beam evaporation equipment.
- Identify, isolate, and eliminate leaks in gas delivery and vacuum equipment.
- Provide knowledgeable guidance on the daily use of equipment.
- Train students in the use of the lab and equipment, including formulation and distribution of suitable written instruction sets, and preparation/delivery of presentations to groups on the topic of process development, process control, and safe laboratory practices.
- Work with vendors for technical assistance and support.
- Work with equipment engineers on new equipment installations and assist with startup and acceptance testing.
- Assume additional appropriate related research duties to further the mission of the laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Two years of experience as an engineer working in cleanroom laboratory environment including responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and operation of Lithography and thin-film equipment.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical schematics and skilled at diagnosing and repairing electromechanical systems and instrumentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Karl-Suss and EVG aligners.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of rotary pump and cryo-pump.
- Experience with Helium leak detection equipment.
The Research Engineer position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by October 20, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Leslie Lewin Reinhart, [email protected], 217-300-3872.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Research Engineer - Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (A1700584)
Open Date: 09/20/2017
Close Date: 10/20/2017
Organization Name: Micro and Nanotechnology Lab