Undergraduate Recruiter - College of Applied Health Sciences (A1700586)
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
College of Applied Health Sciences
The College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS) at the University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. The mission of the College is to promote health and wellness across the lifespan. The AHS research, teaching, and service programs were designed to improve the quality of life of people of all ages and cultures, promote the development of healthy communities, and help people with disabilities live full and independent lives. AHS has nationally recognized units in their fields, and is home to the interdisciplinary undergraduate program in Health, and the Departments of Kinesiology and Community Health; Recreation, Sport and Tourism; and Speech and Hearing Science. One of our top priorities is to increase undergraduate enrollment by integrating all recruitment efforts, communicating with all stakeholders, proactively connecting with high schools and Community Colleges, and developing programs for awareness of all AHS programs for future students and parents. We are looking for a dynamic and visionary individual to lead this effort and provide oversight of the College of AHS recruitment activities.
SHORT DESCRIPTION SUMMARIZING POSITION FUNCTIONS
The College of AHS is seeking an innovative, dynamic and experienced leader who will provide leadership in recruitment, prospective student services, and marketing and communication skills that will fulfill our undergraduate enrollment targets in upcoming years.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for increased enrollment across the College; publicizing and promoting programs using a variety of methods; developing and coordinating activities and events related to undergraduate recruitment to the College.
- Oversee the day to day operation of campus visits to the College and AHS departments.
- Develop strong relationships with College Alumni, Office of Admissions and Records, and College Recruiters in planning and implementing the events to recruit students.
- Provide strategic and visionary leadership for undergraduate recruitment, including but not limited to, planning of AHS outreach activities such as summer camps, student organization outreach events, and departmental outreach.
- Develop in partnership with AHS Communications team recruitment-yield materials and a recruitment communications plan which includes social media and websites.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean and the Mannie L. Jackson Illinois Academic Enrichment and Leadership Program (I-LEAP) and others related to recruitment efforts of underrepresented
- Lead the recruitment efforts for the College by working with the departments and academic advisors with the goal of growing overall student enrollment.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Dean in conducting informational presentations and tours for prospective and admitted students and their parents and respond to questions from these groups related to admission to AHS.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Dean and advising staff to develop and implement the AHS Fall Welcome for new students as part of New Student Welcome Days program.
- Engage in purposeful discussion with the Assistant Dean, advisors, and other college and campus personnel to ensure on-going assessment of the effectiveness of AHS recruitment.
- Assume additional appropriately related academic duties as assigned to further the mission of AHS Academic Programs (e.g., marketing of graduate certificate programs to prospective student groups).
- Communicate with Department Heads about disciplinary trends relevant to their degree programs and formulate recruitment approaches based on future directions in their fields.
- Assess impact of activities, review data reports & utilize information in planning and decision-making.
- Travel throughout the state of Illinois will be required. Must be able to travel to various geographic locations in Illinois and out of state as required for conducting recruitment events and cultivating strong relationships, especially with high schools and Community Colleges.
- BS required with 3 years of experience related to student recruitment, admission counseling or educational program development.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with prospective and current students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strengths must include strong leadership ability, exceptional speaking and writing skills, propensity for teamwork, and innovative recruitment ideas.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, with a high priority placed on responding quickly and thoroughly to inquiries from prospective students.
- Evidence of ability to make effective and engaging public or online presentations.
- Valid driver's license.
- Advanced Degree (MS) with one of the degrees in applied health science fields.
- Have established a record of leading exceptional prospective student initiatives.
- Knowledge of career opportunities in AHS fields and familiarity with the requirements of AHS undergraduate majors.
- Experience setting up and implementing academic service operations.
- Significant intercultural skills and experience with diverse populations.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
100 % time appointment, 12 months
PROPOSED STARTING DATE:
As soon as possible after the closing date
The following materials are required and should be submitted online at: http://jobs.illinois.edu. (1) A letter of application that includes a statement of interests and summary of qualifications for the position; (2) resume; and (3) names and contact information for three professional references. For more information about the position applicants may contact:
Cassie Meinert, Chair
Closing date: To ensure full consideration, materials should be uploaded by October 18, 2017. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Applied Health Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Undergraduate Recruiter - College of Applied Health Sciences (A1700586)
Open Date: 09/20/2017
Organization Name: Applied Health Sciences Admin