Digital Resources Librarian
University of Colorado
Digital Resources Librarian
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus' Health Sciences Library (HSL) seeks a Digital Resources Librarian to serve as part of our dynamic team. The HSL supports a diverse library faculty and fosters a rewarding work environment characterized by team spirit, flexibility, and a sense of humor. We believe in linking people to health sciences knowledge and in developing collaborative relationships with our users to effectively support learning, research, and quality health care. Continuous learning and creative adaptability to emerging needs are our passion. Bring your passion for excellence and help us succeed. A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region.
NATURE OF WORK
The Digital Resources Librarian manages the access, maintenance, and preservation to information resources in electronic and digital format. Other duties will include managing the Digital Collections of Colorado, the library's institutional repository.
This position reports to the Head of Collection Management.
This position supervises 1.0 FTE.
Health Sciences Library faculty members serve as non-tenure track faculty. The Digital Resources Librarian is appointed at the Senior Instructor or Assistant Professor level, commensurate with professional and relevant experience.
The Digital Resources Librarian is expected to assume personal responsibility for designing and implementing a plan for continuing professional development and to actively contribute to the development of health sciences librarianship through scholarly and service activities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for management of all electronic resources held by the library. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Act as the point person for monitoring and troubleshooting access issues for the library's electronic resources.
- Communicate with vendors of library resources on behalf of the library about problems with resources or technical questions.
- Maintain electronic resources management system which details vendor contacts, consortium agreements, usage statistics, licensing terms, and other account and subscription information.
- In collaboration with other library staff, improve and enhance functioning of library's discovery layer (ExLibris Primo)
- Lead the library's participation in Digital Collections of Colorado, the library's institutional repository
- Advocate for the deposit of scholarly content and other intellectual assets to the repository and provide consultations to faculty and campus units in this endeavor.
- Collaborate with liaisons and other library personnel to build relationships with campus constituents and increase awareness of and participation in the repository.
- Participate in the development of guidelines, policies, and best practices for the institutional repository.
- Assist the Head of Collection Management in evaluating vendors and resources.
- Work with the library IT Department to resolve access problems for electronic resources.
- Maintain documentation of policies and procedures.
- Solicit, maintain and distribute use data for electronic resources.
- Provide statistical and narrative reports as requested.
- Participate in library-wide activities, such as serving on library committees and task forces.
- Participate in professional development and service activities.
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited library school or international equivalent
- One year of professional-level experience working with library electronic resources in an academic or research library, or an institution with substantial digital collection
- Experience working with an integrated library management system
- Professional experience managing library electronic resources
- Experience with an electronic resource management system, Alma/Primo preferred
- Awareness of current and emerging trends in publishing and scholarly communication
- Experience managing or working with an institutional repository system, DSpace preferred.
- Experience working in a health sciences library
- Experience managing Ezproxy stanzas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong evidence of initiative, flexibility, attention to detail, high productivity, and creativity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on teams both internal and external to the library
- Commitment to a user service orientation and to working collegially with other library faculty and staff
- Experience with project management
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10759
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20570 - AVC-OARS Medical Library
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tanya Tamim
Posting Contact Email: Tanya.Tamim@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00609361