University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Caino lab in the Department of Pharmacology has an opening for a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow to join our team researching the impact of organelle dynamics in cancer progression. The research project will focus on the role of mitochondria shape, number and subcellular distribution in tumor cell invasion and metastatic dissemination (see Caino et al, PNAS 2015 Jul 14;112(28):8638-43; Caino et al, Nat Commun. 2016 Dec 19;7:13730). The Fellow will utilize tissue culture and cell biology techniques, animal models, and fluorescence microscopy methods to develop new insights into the molecular mechanisms governing mitochondrial trafficking in advanced cancer. Applicants should be highly-motivated and accomplished, interested in creative approaches, and have (or anticipate having) a recent PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or Cancer Biology.
- Recent graduation from PhD or PhD/MD program in one of these fields of study: Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or Cancer Biology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Extensive knowledge of molecular biology, immunofluorescence, microscopy, and mammalian cell culture
- Experience handling small animals (mice) and using mice as models for cancer research
- Experience with CRISPR-CAS9
- Experience with advanced fluorescence imaging techniques
- Experience with quantitative image analysis
- Experience with immunohistochemistry of FFPE samples (mice and human tissues)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11112
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20120 - SOM - Pharmacology
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Orsund
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00612268