IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am- 5 pm
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Programmer I to join our team. The Programmer I performs entry-level to routine (journey-level) computer programming work, responsible for design, development, testing, and documentation of enterprise information systems, as well as troubleshooting production problems, responding to problem tickets submitted by functional users, and updating the problem tracking system, as appropriate. Works under direct supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, update, and maintain computer programs or software processes to meet specific requirements such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or interfacing between systems.
* Code, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, applying knowledge of system capabilities, subject matter, and logic.
* Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
* Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
* Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
* Conduct test runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and create detailed test plans to aid user testing.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and two years of related computing or programming work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the needed knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Familiarity with any language supporting object-oriented programming; e.g. Java or C++
* Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE); e.g. PeopleSoft, SAG, Unity
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting