IT Specialist IV
IT Specialist IV
IT Specialist IV
AVP Health and Wellness - 160580
Is this an internal posting only?
8 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday
The Division of Student Affairs (DSA) exists to support and further the mission of the University by developing, delivering, and advocating for services and programs that unite and support students' academic and life pursuits. DSA is one of the largest divisions at the University of North Texas and includes Housing and Residence Life, Recreational Sports, Career Center, Office of the Dean of Students, Student Health & Wellness, Counseling, Student Activities, Greek Life, Auxiliary Services, Dining, Center for Leadership & Service, Spiritual Life, Sustainability, Center for Leadership & Service, Substance Abuse Resource Center, Veteran Services, TRiO, and more.
The Division of Student Affairs at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Specialist IV to join our team. The IT Specialist IV will assist in administration and support of the technical services for the Division of Student Affairs.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Duties include implementation, maintenance, modifications, and interfaces to hardware, operating systems, and software.
* Providing support for infrastructure platform or system critical applications.
* Researching, recommending, implementing, and maintaining enterprise applications with supplemental support given to non-enterprise applications.
* Assisting management with strategic analysis and planning for technology needs and solutions.
Supervision Received: Receives general direction from the Assistant Vice President. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
Supervision Given: Will function as a first-line supervisor to student employee(s). Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Be proficient with HTML5, CSS3, and Adobe Dreamweaver.
* Experience with Drupal or another content management system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting