Hospitality Account Manager, Graylyn International Conference Center
*Cover letter is required with application.
Please note this is a Hospitality Sales position.*
Summary: The Hospitality Account Manager, under minimal supervision, serves as the primary inside sales representative to generate revenue and promote the use of Graylyn International Conference Center for corporate meetings and events.
- Identifies, solicits, and develops corporate accounts using database, connections, networking, and resources.
- Promotes Conference Center's identity through use of telephone and email solicitations, direct mail, office visits, publications, connections/networking, organizations, and site visits. Solicits business through occasional off-site travel to attend trade shows.
- Demonstrates knowledge of property’s accommodations, meeting facilities, and support services when communicating with contacts.
- Pursues new accounts on a weekly basis.
- Consistently books repeat business and tracks record developing long-term business relationships.
- Maintains corporate database to track sales leads, contacts, and accounts for future sales.
- Maps corporate accounts to identify decision makers and meeting planners.
- Performs day-to-day procedures, as assigned.
- Enters correspondence and lead information into the system.
- Negotiates contracts using established policies and guidelines, ensuring accuracy.
- Meets team and individual sales targets, established by upper management.
- Solves any problems regarding contracts. Resolves issues with department managers, staff, and clients in a positive manner.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus one year experience in hospitality and/or sales environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts via phone and personal interaction.
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and coordinate details of a meeting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills.
- Demonstrated sales skills in soliciting business.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to resolve conflict to accomplish guest satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Graylyn history and guestroom features (training available).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, email, and other industry-related software.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to work any assigned shift, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States