Faculty Support Specialist - Sturm College of Law
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a national leader in experiential legal education, a recognized innovator in legal pedagogy, and the site of multiple nationally recognized programs and centers. Consistent with the University of Denver's IMPACT 2025 strategic plan, Denver Law seeks to elevate the visibility and impact of the institutions scholarship and programs, engage strategically and collaboratively with multiple external constituencies to advance the public good, and magnify the comprehensive strengths of Denver Law and the University of Denver.
Working with a team, each Faculty Support Specialist shares responsibility for providing a high level of clerical, administrative and base-line technical support to faculty members. In doing so, the Faculty Support Specialists support the Sturm College of Laws academic vision and values.
- Complete general administrative tasks including: creating course materials, formatting recommendation letters, submitting reimbursement requests, reserving space for meetings and events, conducting mail merges, coordinating conference calls, and printing, scanning, faxing, and copying documents.
- Assist professors in their preparations for class by formatting and printing syllabi, collating course packets, clearing copyrights, creating seating charts, and assisting with online components of the class in Canvas and TWEN.
- Ensure grades are accurately reported on time by working with the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide assistance with research, editing, formatting, properly citing, and submitting professor's articles and books.
- Collaborate with other administrative departments in the Sturm College of Law and the University of Denver to coordinate events and conferences by providing support with registration, travel and hotel accommodations, and serving as an initial point of contact for speakers and attendees.
- Serve as first point of contact for technical assistance for faculty members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Faculty Support Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service approach to providing support.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professionalism and the ability to use discretion with confidential materials.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel particularly necessary.
- At least two years of college coursework plus at least two years' administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years' administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite programs (Powerpoint, Excel, and Word), as well as with other database programs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of legal citation.
- Certified Notary Public.
- Previous work in an academic environment supporting programs and/or staff/faculty.
- Experience using academic and legal research tools (Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, HeinOnline).
Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.