Time & Labor/Payroll Business Analyst - Business Office (S868)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Time and Labor/Payroll Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the ADP PayForce payroll system and Kronos Time and Labor system for the University. This position will be the point of contact for answering questions, training and assisting University personnel with troubleshooting issues for entering time. This person will support the internal payroll department for troubleshooting issues including self-service, accessing the system, security, employee set up etc. This position reports to the Business Systems Manager and will provide support to various project initiatives within the Business Office.
- Bachelor of Science in HR, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of payroll and timekeeping experience utilizing ADP PayForce and Kronos timekeeping systems.
- 1 to 3 years working in a higher education institution or not-for-profit organization.
- Experience working with comprehensive electronic spreadsheets and problem solving.
- Experience in documenting and training staff on business processes, preferably relating to timekeeping and payroll functions.
- Experience in performing leadership functions on a team, including mentoring of team members and dissemination of pertinent information to the team.
- Experience in assessing and identifying audit risks and conducting internal audits for timekeeping reviews.
- Supporting a high volume of end users (faculty, staff and student workers) and semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll dept support.
- Answering questions including troubleshooting, training, set up and general information related to timekeeping and payroll for University personnel.
- Administering and updating the business processes for a fully-automated web-based time and labor system.
- Collaboration with Kronos, ADP and PeopleSoft technical support for issue resolution and system enhancements.
- Performs impact analysis on upgrades, enhancements and changes to ADP and Kronos systems.
- Research and develop resources/tools and develop and provide training and other informational sessions to support faculty, staff and student workers with Kronos and ADP hands-on knowledge.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.