Safety Manager - Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Our client is a global, well-recognized Consumer Goods company with one of the strongest and most diverse portfolio of brands in the world is looking for a Safety Manager near Eau Claire, Wisconsin to lead safety and EH&S initiatives across 3-4 manufacturing plants in the region.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a huge passion for safety and possess a strong work ethic. This is an urgent need for the client and any qualified candidate will receive a quick interview and hiring process.
The company is stable, profitable with rapid strategic growth plans through 2017 and 2018, providing quick opportunities for advancement to high performing candidates. The company values their talent; the leadership, mastery of skills and contributions resulting in fulfilling careers making them a tremendous force and leader in their industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Advise local management in the region in their roles as health and safety leaders and in identifying plant needs.
- Ensure the corporate Safety action plan is implemented at the site levels and assist in its evaluation.
- Help plant management develop their annual Safety action plans to reduce and/or prevent injures.
- Support supervisors identify and correct accident and professional illness risks as well as implement safe work methods.
- Develop and implement training and communication plans to increase the know-how of managers and employees regarding occupational health and safety. Provide training as required.
- Serve as a mentor and lead by example in the plants.
You should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Chemical, Safety, Mechanical Engineering or related field of study.
- 3 to 7+ years of experience performing safety operations in a manufacturing environment - Client will look at any manufacturing but is not interested in candidates with contractor or consulting career track.
- Working knowledge of safety activities, OSHA requirements, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, risk assessments, lockout/tag out, workers compensation handling, fire safety, etc.
- Interest being a hands-on, safety professional, open to travel to other manufacturing sites in the region, working with limited oversight and possess a strong work ethic.
- A very stable and progressive job history.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
This is a full-time position providing opportunities for tremendous professional growth, challenge and advancement
In Return You will:
- Receive competitive compensation, benefits and continuous professional development
- Have tremendous opportunity for professional growth, diverse advancement/career path opportunities and a fulfilling career with a stable industry leader who values their talent and mastery of skills and contributions
- Receive relocation assistance and support if you do not live in the general area. We simply ask that interested candidates be fully prepared to relocate to Wisconsin with no hesitation or factors that would prevent relocating after an offer has been extended.
You can apply in complete confidence here. at this job board.
Please remember to complete the brief "Interview Questionnaire" as a part of your submission. Only those individuals who complete the questionnaire as intended will be given further consideration.
More details regarding the company and position will be shared with candidates who meet the requirements set forth by the company.
Thank you in advance for your interest and cooperation.
Blair Search is an Executive Search firm that focuses on the identification and recruitment of proven Best-in-Class professionals and executives across the spectrum of professions for diverse businesses and industries throughout the United States.
Eau Claire, WI
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:29:29 PDT