Vice President of Enrollment Management
“Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.”
Le Moyne College, a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,500 full time undergraduate students, 360 part-time undergraduate students, and 650 graduate students seeks nominations and invites applications for Vice President of Enrollment Management. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner in leading the College’s efforts to bring new generations of academically gifted, talented, and diverse students to the College. Reporting to the President and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this person is responsible for bold leadership and collegial supervision of the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admission, Financial Aid, and Registrar. The successful candidate will have an established record demonstrating both the art and science of selective college admissions and will build upon Le Moyne’s enrollment successes. As a visible presence on and off campus and a strong collaborator among faculty and staff, the Vice President will be an effective spokesperson for the College.
President Linda LeMura’s vision for Le Moyne begins in the classroom: one student, one teacher, one connection at a time. Over the next five years, Le Moyne will continue to introduce cutting-edge, 21st century programs that will propel their students to become the bold, imaginative leaders our society so urgently needs. Led by world-renowned faculty members, the most innovative thinkers in their fields, Le Moyne will continue to draw the brightest, most highly qualified students to its campus. At Le Moyne’s core will remain its Jesuit mission and identity, and its dedication to service and learning. Finally, Le Moyne works to provide financial support so that students receive an education that is not just inspirational, forward thinking, and timeless, but affordable.
The enrollment division’s philosophies, strategies, processes, decisions, and actions are guided by Le Moyne’s Ignatian core values and an ethos of authenticity, innovation, creativity, personalized attention, excellent service and the highest ethical standards. The enrollment division believes that its success in fulfilling the College’s enrollment strategic plan requires a campus-wide collective effort. The division works to facilitate unifying the campus in collaborative service to its current and future students. They are equally committed to continuous pursuit of better ideas, and innovative and differentiated strategies and practices. They are comfortable experimenting with new approaches to test ideas to achieve excellence in all they do to serve the College and its current and prospective students.
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed comprehensive college of liberal arts and sciences and graduate programs across the College of Arts and Sciences, Madden School of Business and Purcell School of Professional Studies. With an enrollment of 2,500 full time undergraduates, 360 part-time undergraduates, and 650 graduate students, students enter Le Moyne from 32 states and 14 countries from around the world.
In 2016, Le Moyne accepted 65% of the students who applied. Enrolling just over 2,500 full-time undergraduate students, about 65% of the students reside on campus. Today 60% of the students are female and 40% are male.
To learn more about the College and the students, visit www.lemoyne.edu
Learn about the Le Moyne College strategic plan here: http://www.lemoyne.edu/Values/Vision-and-Strategic-Plan
Candidates for this position should have at least ten years of experience in enrollment management with a proven record of leadership, excellence in execution, and entrepreneurial skills applied to the recruitment and enrollment of students who are well suited to the Jesuit liberal arts mission of the institution. In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following characteristics, skills, abilities and understanding:
● Proven experience leading undergraduate, graduate, international and transfer enrollment efforts;
● Knowledge of Jesuit higher education;
● Strategic leadership mindset with the ability to execute and implement new and creative ideas to fulfill the enrollment goals including academic profile, geographic and cultural diversity, student persistence and on-time graduation, and economic sustainability;
● Expertise in developing and executing competitive aid packages, pricing philosophies and strategies to achieve enrollment goals;
● Analytical mindset and expertise in highly effective use of data analytics to inform strategies, goals, and decisions; proven record of applying these skills in the assessment cycle, with excellence in monitoring and reporting;
● Highly proficient in utilization of enrollment CRM and enterprise systems, Excel, database management and reporting tools, and other contemporary technology tools;
● Excels within “high touch” relationship management, recruitment and service models;
● Personal commitment to maintaining the highest standards of integrity, professional ethics, and a commitment to social justice consistent with Le Moyne’s core values;
● Commitment to leadership values consistent with Le Moyne’s core values and principles;
● Strong talent management and team development skills;
● Personally embraces and highly values getting broad input by engaging with the enrollment team, campus leadership, and others in the strategic planning and advancing our recruitment efforts;
● Ability to develop and assess a written strategic recruitment and implementation plan that defines goals, project plans, and key performance indicators;
● Embrace a commitment for extensive collaboration with faculty, staff, alumni, and other stakeholders to inform, understand and develop our evolving strategic plan, strategic priorities, implementation plans, student body characteristics/profile goals, and create a high-performing alumni ambassador volunteer network;
● Focused strategic partnership with Information Technology, Communications & Marketing, and other offices critical to the execution of the enrollment plan;
● Expertise and proven abilities in developing differentiated, personalized, and “fresh” contemporary multimedia enrollment marketing, communication and messaging strategies;
● Willingness to maintain high level of visibility in the Le Moyne community;
● Commitment and ability to develop and sustain collegial relationships across campus;
● Commitment to proactively retain and recruit enrollment team members who represent a variety of backgrounds and diverse perspectives;
● Possess strong intercultural competence and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse environment;
● Highly effective oral and written communication skills for disseminating information to a variety of stakeholders including prospective students, families, high schools, campus community, trustees and alumni;
● Extensive knowledge and experience in market research, development, and growth including international markets to inform our related strategic and implementation plans;
● Proficiency with admission prospect procurement (College Board search and other sources);
● Dedicated commitment to partner with the Senior Leadership Team, Deans, and shared governance groups in leading the College in a collaborative, strategic and sustainable manner;
● Willingness to enhance the historic partnerships and relationships with strong feeder schools, community based organizations, and college counselor networks, and cultivate and formalize new relationships;
● Effective budgeting and financial acumen;
● Knowledge of federal, state and other applicable regulations;
● A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
Napier Executive Search is assisting Le Moyne College to search for a Vice President of Enrollment Management. For a confidential conversation, or if you wish to nominate someone for this position, please contact Mary Napier firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Robinson email@example.com. If you wish to apply, please send a résumé; a cover letter outlining your specific interest in this opportunity at Le Moyne College; and, contact information for three professional references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For assurance of full consideration, please submit materials before October 25. There is an anticipated start date of January 2018. All applications and nominations will be considered confidential and notice will be given before references are contacted.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
The College is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. Le Moyne College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.