Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving Coordinator
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
The part-time Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving Coordinator assists the Executive Director for Alumni Engagement, Daniels College of Business, with supporting the Daniels Alumni Advisory Board, managing event and retreat logistics, and executing alumni engagement and annual giving programs for the Daniels College of Business constituency. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of audiences including University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, donors, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Daniels Alumni Advisory Board Support
- Manage application, vetting and onboarding for new board members.
- Maintain board membership and committee list.
- Send out meeting invitations, agendas and other meeting materials.
- Handle logistics for and attend board retreats.
- Attend committee meetings to take the minutes and manage follow-up tasks.
- Maintain volunteer list and match alumni with volunteer opportunities.
- Partner with career services and graduate recruiting departments to recruit alumni for departments' programs and activities.
- Recruit alumni to serve as judges for case competitions.
Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving Support
- Assist with and attend alumni, donor stewardship, and other events.
- Handle alumni requests as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Manage promotion of Bloomberg Businessweek MBA Ranking Survey to alumni.
- Assist with annual giving programs, including the faculty and staff campaign, crowdfunding and One Day for DU activities, and direct mail and electronic solicitations.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2-3 years of professional administrative work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous alumni engagement or annual giving experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit, sales or similar complex setting.
Part-time, flexible schedule. May require some evening events.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online with a cover letter and resume will be accepted. Once within the job description online, scroll to the bottom of the page to begin application. Applicants may contact Mona Spitz at with questions related to this position.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.