Analog and Digital Electrical Engineer
An Electrical Engineer's responsibilities includes supporting the design and testing of complex opto-electronic systems related to the next generation advanced 3-D laser depth mapping. You will be helping with novel implementations of LIDAR and laser remote sensing.
Analog and Digital Electrical Engineer is required to design and develop a broad array of electronic products for use in 3-D laser depth mapping applications.
This includes the design and integration of low-noise front end sensor boards and analog circuitry, high speed data transfer, mixed-signal boards, as well as power supplies, power distribution and electromechanical control assemblies.
The engineer will take designs from initial architecture definition all the way to production release. Along the way he/she will be involved with design specification, schematics design, simulation, firmware specification, prototype parts procurement, assembly and test, and complete documentation.
Product designs involve the combination of these optoelectronics with analog & digital designs for interfacing to large high-speed FPGAs and ASICs and to PC's via USB, PCI, Ethernet and other common protocols
• Familiarity with optical sources (lasers, LEDs, etc) and their drive circuits
• Experience with single and multi-element optical detectors (i.e. APD, CMOS, PIN & CCD's) and their readout circuit
• Experience with analog and mixed-signal designs: low noise and/or high speed applications. (>1 GHz)
• A/D Converter Implementation:16 bit ADC's > 100MS
• Low noise power supply design and implementation to support analog & digital circuitry
• Experience with low noise & moderate bandwidth PCB layout & fabrication.
• FPGA design, synthesis, timing closure & implementation. VHDL and Xilinx, Vivado experience preferred.
• High bandwidth (>1 GHz) & size
• High-speed SERDES interfaces
• FPGA embedded DSP
• Interfacing FPGA to standard peripherals and microcontrollers via Ethernet
• Embedded programming experience for microcontrollers with up to 32 bits
• Completes the entire PCBA design cycle, including: component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing, troubleshooting) and design/PCBA documentation.
• Experience with standard electrical engineering CAD tools for schematic capture, simulation, and layout (Orcad, Spice, PADS, Altium, or equivalent design tools).
• Altrium experience preferred.
• Qualified candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. degree in electrical engineering and ~5+years of work experience with electronics.
• Background in lasers and photonics and/or lidar is helpful.
• Effective communication skills are a prerequisite.
A comprehensive benefits package will be offered Q1 of 2017.
If you are the best at what you do and like having fun doing it, you just found your new home. We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, and manufacturing.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. is pioneering the autonomous vehicle industry by developing the world's most advanced sensor systems. It is our goal to network with and hire the best and the brightest talent to be on the cutting edge of technological advancement.
If you are ready to be a part of something better apply to one of our exciting careers today.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:16:41 PDT