Financial Aid Information Analyst
Financial Aid Information Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Office of Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Provide end users information technology support and solutions as well as technology training and support to staff as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals. Develop subject matter knowledge to solve complex technical issues, discover and resolve software errors and identify solutions. Lead re-engineering efforts for departmental processes, coordinate efforts to evaluate, establish, implement and document office procedures and outcomes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Undergraduate Enrollment Services Subdivision’s Salesforce Administrator in creating and updating CRM system for financial aid related processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and training to all office staff and other departments on campus; managing system upgrades programs, and interfaces with systems as well as with internal and external contacts.
- Create, update, and maintain proper documentation on business practices utilizing technology solutions.
- Provide primary technical support for office staff, including conducting training sessions, maintaining technical procedural documentation, and problem solving. Provide technical support to other departments in areas related to financial aid processing interfaces. Maintain bilateral communication with other campus departments to facilitate system interfaces with those departments
- Manage the creation and maintenance of reports and population selections from database for use in financial aid processes and reporting to internal and external departments and agencies. Assist other staff in creating reports of their own.
- Manage the creation of new funds in the FADMS and SIS, coordinating with Financial Services and Information Technology to ensure proper reporting for Financial Aid and Finance.
- Investigate, implement and document new business process flows for new functionality as dictated by federal
regulations, institutional policies, interdepartmental dependencies or office automation requests.
- Manage technical interface with external consultants in the determination of financial aid and merit awards, exchanging data files, entering awarding information in FADMS and SIS and documenting procedures and data descriptions.
- Manage the functional and technical interfaces between the FADMS and SIS of record and the document management system, providing technical support to staff members, managing the creation of reports, templates and new documents. Maintain communications with technical support for document management system, requesting and testing new enhancements and upgrades, troubleshooting issues as they arise, and maintain documentation of data integration rules between the Financial Aid System and the document management system.
- Represent Office of Student Aid & Financial Literacy on WPI UDC working groups for Data Access, Data Stewardship, Administrative Systems and UDC Governance. Duties include creating initiatives to establish data standards, data definitions, data security and reporting standards; examining interfaces with third-party systems and acting as clearinghouse for changes on how data is used and stored.
- Other duties include sponsoring Student Aid & Financial Literacy and infrastructure initiatives, consulting with other analysts on department specific initiatives and acting as project manager on all sponsored projects.
- Work collaboratively with the IT staff and WPI Governance group to establish project priorities, create data policies and maintain the security and infrastructure of the Banner system
- Serve as primary liaison with IT for technical assistance and support including representing the interests of the Office of Student Aid & Financial Literacy at campus-wide User Group meetings. Maintain security permissions to access forms within database for staff and other campus departments.
- Manage the testing and implementation of database updates working with IT to insure the integrity of the financial aid data system. Oversee implementation of creating “new year” information in system for each academic year including student budgets, funds management and packaging schemes.
- Authorize and maintain information access and security controls for staff
- Manage the disbursement process for all aid programs, performing the disbursement process for the creation of fall and spring semester invoices. Oversee resolution of disbursement issues with the Bursar and Office of Student Aid & Financial Literacy staff.
- Manage the process of importing and exporting all CSS PROFILE and FAFSA files into the FADM/SIS and/or PowerFAIDS system including the resolution of non-matching records.
- Other duties as required.
- Provide training and support for all data processing and reporting efforts within the department
- Mentor staff to continually develop technical skills and maintain current with software applications and business procedures.
- Lead staff to optimize technology solutions to track progress, measure results, and develop reports in support of department goals and objectives
- Review daily operations to ensure ideal use of existing tools, identify training needs, and streamline the delivery of services, recommend changes as needed.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of business unit processes, staff roles and responsibilities, cross training plans, and business continuity plans.
- Mentor office staff members in assisting with the technical support associated with FADM, SIS, PowerFAIDS, and Salesforce applications and reporting activities for the department.
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office suite of applications; demonstrated in depth experience working with relational database designs and writing SQL and a demonstrated ability to work independently in a complex business environment.
- Must also be able to work as part of a team with strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and successfully complete assignments and projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge in Banner, PowerFAIDS, Salesforce, TargetX, and EDConnect preferred
- Master’s degree in information systems, computer science, or a related field of study.
Working knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations. Significant experience working with any of the following systems: PowerFAIDS, Banner Financial Aid, Salesforce, Workday, COD, CPS, SAIG, NSLDS, and ELM.
- At least three years financial aid experience is preferred.
Posting Date: 09/19/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000.
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5012