Media Lab Assistant (F/T), CFRN13915LRC
Perform functions related to the daily operations and services of the Library Media Lab. Facilitate access to Lab resources and maintain the Lab according to defined policies. Provide assistance to students creating and modifying digital media. Assist with Media Lab outreach events.
Position Title: Media Lab Assistant (F/T), CFRN13915LRC
Duties of Position:
- Serve as an initial point of contact for Media Lab patrons.
- Provide basic instruction and technical assistance with Media Lab computers, software, and equipment. Develop and maintain guides for use of Lab resources.
- Perform circulation functions of Media Lab equipment, including scheduling, check out, check in, and generating reports on the condition of the equipment.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of Media Lab policy to answer questions and to resolve patron problems and issues. Develop and maintain guides to inform Media Lab patrons of policies and procedures.
- Participate in outreach activities that raise awareness of the Media Lab.
- Ensure that all Media Lab resources are in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: One year of customer service; demonstrated ability to work with computers and media technologies; proficiency in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Two years of customer service; familiarity with digital media equipment or software; library work experience.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in relevant field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Macintosh computers; Microsoft and Adobe applications; video and audio editing software and recording equipment.
Work primarily occurs in a computer lab inside a college library and involves regular contact with students and the public. Required to spend long periods of time at a computer monitor and keyboard with some exposure to electromagnetic fields from video displays. Must have the visual acuity to read computer screens.
This position requires a back ground check and drug screen.
Department: Library - LRC
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt