Production Supervisor - Night Shift
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This position supervises and coordinates activities of production workers to ensure that products meet standards, and processes are conducted in compliance with FDA, GMP, ISO 13485, MDD and company requirements by performing the following duties.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily supervision of production assemblers by ensuring effective employee relations, creating an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment; establishing effective communication lines and methods; identifying and solving employee problems, managing conflict and responding to grievances.
- Maintains staff by recruiting and selecting new employees.
- Provide manufacturing information through monitoring and compiling manufacturing process data, personnel productivity, line performance data, analyzing production performance records, performing time studies, analyzing scrap data, down time data, etc. to justify change recommendations and implementations.
- Recommend, develop and implement improvement measures to production processes, systems and procedures, equipment performance, work conditions, and quality of product.
- Write, review, and approve production documentation.
- Work with manufacturing engineering on the development of production and inspection procedures,
- Work with manufacturing engineering on the implementation of new equipment and/or revised product and processes.
- Support R&D engineering by suggesting manufacturing methods, tools, and materials for new designs
- Actively foster a culture of continuous improvements (be an agent of change) across departments.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate production through the production cycle; prioritize production orders and other potential schedule interruptions or rescheduling in order to meet daily, weekly and monthly plans. Analyze production performance to plan and make overtime recommendations as needed.
- Coordinate production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules to maintain production.
- Assure appropriate training of production assemblers on equipment/processes and assure accurate training records are maintained.
- Identify and support personal growth opportunities for production operators through annual and semi-annual performance appraisal processes.
- Communicate company policies to workers, train workers on and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, including issues related to safety and environment.
- Perform transactions in ERP system as required.
- Perform procurement activities for materials, consumable materials and tooling as required.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, assign, and direct work.
- Recommend employee rewards and recognition.
- Work in an Environmentally Controlled Area (ECA).
- Minimum of two years technical training or equivalent experience.
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment, medical device industry preferred along with two years of supervisory or leadership experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic skills with MS Office tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to read, comprehend and effectively communicate manufacturing drawings, procedures and company policies and processes.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude .
- Must be comfortable working with and directing employees from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs without accommodation.
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO 13485 and MDD requirements as applicable to this position.
- Working knowledge of catheter fabrication equipment /techniques.
- Working knowledge of JIT and demand pull systems.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- APICS courses and/or certification in production and inventory control processes preferred.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification minimum preferred.
EKOS Corporation, a BTG International Group Company, pioneered and has set the standard for safety and completeness in dissolving clots with its first generation of ultrasound thrombolytic technology. Today, interventional radiologists, cardiologists and vascular surgeons at leading institutions around the world use the EKOS EkoSonic Endovascular System to provide faster, safer and more complete dissolution of blood clots.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:14:56 PDT