Instructional Assistant - English
Department Name College Pathway Admin
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT054-18
Reports To AVP Access & Comm Engagement
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Provide academic support in English to students enrolled in a College Program utilizing education software and programming. Works directly with students assisting in one -on-one, small group, and classroom settings. Supports the Program's objectives and initiatives as directed.
• Administers, scores, and evaluates educational and career assessments
• Diagnoses student tutorial needs
• Assists in the development of educational action plans
• Develops and implements supplemental curricula, materials and instruction for basic skills courses
• Assists with individual and/or small group tutoring sessions
• Conducts educational workshops
• Assists in tracking and maintaining a computerized records database of individual student progress, including academic achievement, enrollment retention, graduation and transfer
• Works with and/or demonstrates various types of audio-visual materials, computer applications, and other materials or delivery systems used in an instructional program
• Assists in the recruitment and retention of program students
• May supervise Work-Study students and Student Assistants
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Bachelor's Degree
o Significant related experience may substitute for education
• Minimum of two years of academic experience working directly with students
• Demonstrated previous success in motivating and encouraging students
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Possess basic knowledge of fundamental English concepts with the ability to apply in various situations
• Demonstrated knowledge of exemplary instructional methods and practices
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively
• Demonstrated commitment to providing exemplary customer service
• Intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Service Focus
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Time Utilization
• Continuous Improvement
• Quality of Work
Monday thru Thursday, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
This position is grant funded at Cuyahoga Community College. Appointment is contingent upon continuation of grant funding.
Posting Open Date 09/19/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you possess a minimum of two years of academic experience working directly with students?
- * Do you possess basic knowledge of fundamental English concepts with the ability to apply in various situations?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae