Statistician / Senior Analyst
As a Senior Analyst/Statistician you will play a pivotal role in helping Strayer remake higher education. The projects you will work on can fundamentally change education and have a profound impact on how learning is designed and delivered for decades to come.
The Senior Analyst/Statistician will analyze data using a myriad of statistical methods (including developing predictive models) to uncover actionable business insights across business areas and ultimately drives improvement in business results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Advanced Analytics to advance analyses conducted within the organization from descriptive to prescriptive and ultimately predictive analytics.
- Identify opportunities across the organization and leverage predictive analytics to improve business performance and reduce inefficiencies
- Assemble, analyze and interpret large data sets from multiple sources to measure student ROI
- Perform segmentation analyses to uncover insights so as to optimize the admissions process, drive higher student engagement, continuation and graduation rates
- Analyze survey data to identify opportunities to increase student satisfaction and consequently ROI
- Communicate analysis outcomes and implications in many formats within Strayer
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Econometrics required
- Masters preferred
- 3-5 years hands-on experience developing predictive models and conducting statistical analyses.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Proficient in SQL and at least one of the following programming language (Python, R or SAS)
- Proficiency in econometric or statistical experimental design, ability to design and implement model documentation and monitoring protocols
- Advanced knowledge of applied statistical methodologies including least squares regression, logistic regression, sampling methodologies, cluster analysis, decisions trees, multivariate methodologies
- Creative thinker and problem-solver who can effectively collaborate across teams and functions.
- Knowledge of machine learning is preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Must be able to travel 5% of time.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
- Intellectually curious and a willingness to explore new approaches to solving business problems
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.