Benefits & Wellness Administrator
We are seeking an enthusiastic advocate to promote health and wellbeing throughout our company. This is a great opportunity to influence our wellness plan design, communications and outcomes. This position will also administer the day-to-day Health & Welfare plans for the University.
- Responsible for creating and executing all wellness communication and marketing materials..
- Organize, coordinate and oversee all logistics for various wellness events.
- Serve as primary spokesperson and contact for wellness events and employee questions relating to the wellness program.
- Track and monitor employee wellness activities and internal metrics.
- Compose and conduct wellness webinars.
- Conduct wellness interest surveys as needed.
- Serve as primary contact for all employee benefit questions.
- Provide full life cycle management on all FMLA cases.
- Key team member in the annual open enrollment process with primary responsibility for one or more of the following components: employee communication, system set-up and testing, employee presentations
- Responsible for auditing bills and tracking / analyzing benefit costs.
- Research and resolve health or life insurance claim issues.
- Process life events, (QLEs), and associated system updates.
- Responsible for independently developing communication material and correspondence that is accurate, timely and balances employee's rights with Strayer's obligations under ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and other statutes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, and define viable solutions to enhance employee benefit administration, delivery or understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current or pending government legislation and trends related to employee benefits. Must identify developments and trends that potentially influence areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with internal teams.
- Periodically assist with special projects.
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week during peak business cycles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration desired, but not required.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience is required
- Must have demonstrated experience in human resources with a foundation in employee benefits
- Must communicate with accuracy, poise, diplomacy, and confidentiality while interacting with a broad range of employees and managers.
- Ability to interpret human resources policies, practices and procedures. Make thoughtful recommendations and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to demonstrate interpersonal, written, verbal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to take initiative and have a high level of professional customer service.
- Exercise discretion, make sound judgments and perform a range of complicated tasks.
- Strong analysis and process orientation skills required
- Must be able to discover/anticipate problems that may arise in administrative practices, contracts and policies.
- Must be detailed oriented - with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. Must possess the ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues.
- Computer competency required including electronic spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- PHR, SPHR, or CEBS certification a plus
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations.
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.