Pre-Award Grants Coordinator (Open Rank)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - PreAward Core
Pre-Award Grants Coordinator
Position #00001962 - Requisition 10156
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The PreAward Core has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Grants Coordinator position.
This is a re-posting of this position. Candidates that have already applied may not apply again.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.
The major function of this position is to assist faculty in submission and preaward administration of grants and contracts. This position will be responsible for the management, development, implementation and oversight of preaward grant functions, including ensuring all applications follow the sponsor guidelines, the University guidelines and timelines, and adhere to all grant application regulations and requirements.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
For Entry-Level Appointments
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
For Intermediate-Level Appointments
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional grant or contract experience.
For Senior-Level Appointments
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional grant or contract experience.
Substitution for all Levels: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience with Info Ed Proposal Development System or similar grant submission software.
- Experience working in an academic environment or medical center
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft (HRMS &/or Finance)
- Previous grant and/or contract experience.
- Previous research administration experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Myra Keeble at Myra.Keeble@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20029 - SOM - Dean-School of Medicine
Posting Date: Sep 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Myra Keeble
Posting Contact Email: Myra.Keeble@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001962