The Daniels College of Business Office of the Dean staff supports the Dean to carry out critical functions and provides service to the College in research and forecasting, budgeting, financial management, strategic planning, college rankings, human resources, meeting planning and scheduling. This position will support the College and focus primarily on serving the Daniels MBA programs and other areas as assigned.
This position is responsible for providing financial support for activities associated with Daniels MBA programs and other areas as assigned. This includes processing expense reimbursements for faculty and staff, direct payments to vendors, requisitions and purchase order management, tracking and reporting monthly financial information, journal entries and deposits, payroll processing and fiscal year end close duties including accruals and deferrals. This position also assists as needed with annual budget preparation, processes contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Financial Support
- Responsible for processing expense reimbursements for faculty and staff, direct payments to vendors, creating requisitions and managing purchase orders, deposits and journal entries.
- Responsible for payroll duties related to staff and faculty.
- Financial Administrative Management
- Responsible for tracking and reporting monthly financial information and assisting with annual budget preparation. This includes the administrative/marketing and alumni budgets, DMBA, EMBA and PMBA cohort revenue and expense budgets, experiential learning, cooperative learning, student programs/groups.
- Fiscal year end duties including accruals, deferrals and encumbrances.
- Maintains accurate fiscal year end records that meet auditing requirements.
- Enter contracts into Workflow.
- Special Projects
- Work with departments to look for ways to streamline processes, represent the Daniels College of Business internally and externally on committees, task forces and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of Daniels College of Business initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Recognize, analyze and solve problems as they occur.
- Knowledge of basic financial reporting and data analytics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex business instruction/reporting.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to present information to and speak effectively before groups of clients, students, or staff/faculty.
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and fractions, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts of intermediate algebra.
- Ability to apply above concepts and analyze relevant data.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience may substitute for the education.
- 2 years of accounting or finance related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance related work experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of and experience with Banner system.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, October 2, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.