Visiting Lecturer - Biological Sciences
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for two Full-Time Visiting Lecturers to start in January 2018. The successful candidates will be expected to be involved in coordinating and instructing courses for Biology, Health Science, and Engineering majors including freshmen-level lecture and laboratory courses, sophomore-level Experimental Methods lab, and Problems in Genetics recitations. The positions include service contributions to the Department and the University. The positions are full time for a 9-month academic year, including benefits, and is renewable.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Earned doctorate in biology or related discipline (must have at the time of application)
- Evidence of research experience at the postdoctoral level
- Evidence of experience and dedication to teaching biology to biology majors at the undergraduate level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- Specific preference will be given to those who have experience teaching biology to biology majors at the undergraduate level.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a CV, cover letter and teaching statement/philosophy.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close once an adequate number of qualified applications are received.