Director of Student Affairs
SOUTHERN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION, INC.
Director of Student Affairs, North Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Major duties include counseling and advising college students, overseeing the recruitment process, screening and selecting applicants, conducting orientations, and enforcing the student conduct policies of the Southern Scholarship Foundation. Reports directly to the President/CEO.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree and two years of experience or a Bachelor's degree and four years of experience. Experience in counseling and/or student affairs. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Program development, monitoring, and evaluation experience required. Well versed in MS Office, social media, and database functions. Exceptional organizational skills required. Spanish and/or Haitian Creole language skills a plus. An alum of the SSF program preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Student Counseling / Advising:
- Maintain and enforce policies, rules and regulations for the students as adopted by the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Meet with the House Managers of the North Florida houses to monitor concerns and to see that the houses operate efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the enforcement of the Resident Handbook and Code of Conduct and see that the procedures under the Judicial Review Board are carried out.
- Advise students and serve as a resource to services available on respective campuses and through the Foundation; work with students on academic or conduct probation as needed.
- Coordinate and attend student activities within the SSF community to help the students feel a part of that community, including working with the Resident Advisory Council and Ambassadors.
- Email weekly updates, activities, and due dates.
- Schedule and lead monthly meetings of all house managers, in addition to routine one-on-one meetings.
- Coordinate and lead orientation for Foundation students each semester.
- Determine eligibility of returning students by (1) compiling grade lists each semester, contacting those going on or off probation; (2) reviewing financial need forms, contacting those no longer in need; and (3) distributing, collecting and reviewing resident evaluations each semester.
- Oversee the processing of scholarship applications from receipt through notification.
- Interview and select the house managers for all scholarship houses.
- Interview and select the ambassadors for all scholarship houses.
- Conduct training for all house managers and house officers prior to each semester.
- Provide incoming students with all required acceptance and move-in information.
- Assist Director of Development with student activities supporting fundraising initiatives, such as the Education 4 Life 5K, house champions, and sponsor letters.
- Arrange for the presentation of scholarship certificates to new recipients, including coordination of any sponsor or high school scholarship events.
- Maintain relationships with the pertinent university departments, i.e. housing, financial aid, registrar, admissions, etc. Recruit and supervise 2-3 work study students for the Student Affairs Department each semester. Be on-call throughout the night for emergency situations.
- Work in tandem with the Director of Student Affairs – Central Florida.
- Oversee the maintenance of current records of individual scholarship students and each scholarship house’s academic standing including regular updates of the records on the database.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Alumni records database.
- Provide special interest stories to the President and Director of Development for newsletters, funding proposals, etc.
- Communicate with House Treasurers regarding deadlines, utilities, budgets and house reports.
- Process scholarship withdrawals and terminations; assist the Staff Accountant with refunds of student deposits.
- Continuously communicate with the Foundation students to keep abreast of student concerns and problems and work with the President in responding to the needs of the students.
- Assist the President in preparing reports for Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings of the Student Affairs Committee.
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Maintenance and staff regarding maintenance needs, including immediate and projected housing demand.
- Assist with the Foundation’s budget process for Student Affairs.
- Supervise other staff, as assigned by the President.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the contact person for prospective students, high schools, community/state colleges and universities with regard to the application process.
- Work with SSF staff and students to promote SSF.
- Assist prospective students and parents with the application process, scholarship house tours and general university information.
- Coordinate the printing and distribution of scholarship applications including mailings to all Florida high schools and community colleges.
EVALUATION: The Director of Student Affairs' performance will be evaluated at least once a year based upon the above expectations and additional specific goals as identified by the President of the Foundation.
COMPENSATION: $45,000 - $55,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Position eligible for full benefits including paid leave, medical, retirement and more.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on October 8, 2017.
Apply for Director of Student Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Other Jobs Outside Higher Education Student Activities & Services jobs in Education
- Other Jobs Outside Higher Education Student Activities & Services jobs in Other Education Faculty Jobs
- Other Jobs Outside Higher Education Student Activities & Services jobs in Professional Fields
- Other Jobs Outside Higher Education Student Activities & Services jobs in Other Faculty Jobs in Professional Fields