This Building Inspector Position will be based out of Marathon, FL, but will service the entire Monroe County School District.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform inspection and enforcement of all adopted regulatory codes and ordinances pertaining to building construction, renovation and maintenance in all District construction, renovation and installation projects. The position is responsible for plan review, building inspection and permitting functions; interpreting complex codes to industry professionals, District staff/officials and the general public; providing guidance and assistance to project managers as needed to maintain compliance, and performing related work as required. The position executes programs within organizational policies; reports major activities to director level administrators through conferences and reports.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or a closely related field.
- Requires a valid state driver's license.
- Requires state certification as a building inspector.
- Qualified to test for Plans Review licensure.
- Qualified to test for Building Official licensure.
- Licensure in multiple trade disciplines.
- Requires ten (10) years of related experience.
- A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
The Monroe County School District is located in the beautiful, Florida Keys! The district was ranked 14th in the State of Florida for the 2016-2017 school year. We have 10 public schools and 6 charter schools.
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 05:06:07 PDT