Sr. Structural Engineer
Vestal Corporation seeks unique and talented candidate interested in position of Sr. Structural Engineer. Successful candidate for this position will perform independent structural engineering design and working interdependently within a multi-disciplinary design team at Vestal Corporation. Number of years of experience is less important than the actual experience, talent, and potential.
This perfect candidate for this position (not necessarily in any order of priority):
- Curiosity about and passion for the built environment.
- Hands on.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient with the tools of the trade and always adding new skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Able to lead and deliver the project from inception to Construction documents with minimal supervision.
- Leader that is proactive, takes initiative and perseveres.
- Proficient communicator and writer for feasibility studies, consultant opinions, system selection, scopes of work, and proposals.
- Personality that meshes well with the rest of the team and with clients.
- Productive and hardworking.
The position requires daily application of a broad range of AEC-type structural engineering skills, many of which the candidate will bring and some of which the candidate is enthusiastically interested in learning on the job:
- Structural Steel- Concrete
- Significant functional knowledge and use of Codes and design standards is required
- Knowledge of construction process.
- Seismic experience for structural and non-structural elements.
Proficient user of the following software is a plus:
- SAP 2000- ETABS- RAM - SAFE
- BS Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- PE required, SE is a plus
Vestal Corporation is a medium-sized St. Louis-based multidisciplinary Engineering, Architecture and construction consulting firm. We are known for our leadership in integrated project delivery, including leading edge technology platforms.
Client types include industrial Owners and Large Design-Build Industrial Contractors. Project types included both new construction and remodel. Project Sizes vary from small to very large. Work areas is mostly region, but includes projects located both nationally and in other parts of North America.
If interested in this exciting and challenging position, please send your resume
Medium-sized (staff of 105) Multi-disciplinary international engineering and architectural design company. Structural staff of 18. Well know in general manufacturing, food & beverage and heavy industry as a leading structural engineering consultant and for advanced use of engineering and BIM technologies. Work with Fortune 100 Owners and large ($2-$6 billion/year) international construction managers/general contractors on large (>$1 Billion) design-build projects.
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:32:26 PDT