Commercial Construction Superintendent (Security Clearance required)
We are a general contractor with IDIQ contracts. Our projects are primarily with federal agencies in and around
the Washington DC area. We are planning for progressive growth over the next several years, and are looking
for ambitious, high-caliber professionals to grow with our company. We are currently looking to hire a
Construction Superintendent for the Metro DC area who is able to get clearance for federal projects.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as
required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the
highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices
with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects. As a Superintendent you will
meet with the Construction Manager as soon as job is awarded to review and plan for materials, safety, labor
and equipment budgets and other issues. You will conduct preliminary jobsite visits as necessary for job
preparation. You will meet regularly with your manager to review the progress of ongoing jobs and to discuss
problems that are outside of your authority. You will be responsible for training workers in construction
methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures and company policies.
- • Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- • Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- • Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- • Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- • Understands the project plans, specifications and the company systems.
- • Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- • Prepares schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- • Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- • Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- • Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- • Meeting with subcontractors to ensure satisfactory job progress
- • Ensuring all reports and records are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- • Forwarding reports to the appropriate company personnel
- • Supervising, ordering and coordinating activities of labor, subcontractors and deliveries
- • Analyzing worker and production problems
- • Improving production methods or implementing motivational plans for review
- • Conferring with managers and technical associates in order to coordinate activities
- • Conducting and participating in safety meetings
Education and Experience:
- • 2-yr college degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management
- • 5+ years of successful federal work experience
- • Experienced in managing multiple projects
- • Previous management experience, a plus
- • Strong knowledge of construction methods and safety law
- • A self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- • Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- • Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- • Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- • Professionally and technically competent.
- • Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- • Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- • Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- • Works easily with others.
Assignments & Benefits
Paid federal holidays and paid personal time off. Company vehicle. Company shared-cost health insurance, 401(k) matching. The company promotes professional development with paid job related training (most notably, for Quality Control Management and Safety certifications). Shared cost reimbursement of a job-related course of study is available for those employees who are motivated and on a career track to professional certification.
- • U.S. citizenship
- • Top Secret Clearance
- • Active FBI contractor badge
- • Ability to pass a background investigation
- • Clean driving record
Signature Renovations LLC is an established small business construction company based in Capitol Heights, MD. We specialize in general contracting, mechanical, electrical, architectural, and multi-discipline construction and renovation projects, mainly for federal agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 08:36:22 PDT