Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Position Title: Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Associate's degree, general office technology and operational skills, three (3) years of related professional experience, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Essential characteristics must include the following: self-starter, dependability, confidentiality, integrity, cooperation, attention to detail, concern for others, and service leadership. Bachelor's degree, five (5) years of related professional experience, higher education experience or executive level office experience, and ability to manage priorities preferred.
The Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for the daily and routine operation of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA). The Assistant to the VPSA maintains, records and analyzes various financial and budgetary details for the Student Affairs division of the College. They coordinate the Vice President's confidential information retrieval requirements, including those necessary for various personnel functions including evaluation, promotion, tenure and renewal. The Assistant to the VPSA fosters excellent public relations in the College community and to the general public. The incumbent works independently to provide input on key decisions, coordinates and prioritizes activity in the Vice President's Office, and develops and manages projects that originate in the Vice President's Office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Plans and coordinates special projects and programs for the Student Affairs Division and college community, independently;
2. Manages meeting and event budgets and negotiates catering and other vendor contracts;
3. Coordinates and/or facilitates professional development opportunities with all members of the Student Affairs Division;
4. Coordinates internal college processes for the Office of the VPSA;
5. Creates, develops and monitors Student Affairs Division promotional materials e.g. webpages, informational flyers and newsletters, and software navigational resources;
6. Manages the office for the Vice President for Student Affairs;
7. Prepares information for the annual operating budget, including background and justification data;
8. Prepares resolutions;
9. Manages assigned projects independently;
10. Assists the Vice President in writing, compiling, analyzing, and preparing executive correspondence, reports, position papers, and presentations using a variety of media and technological systems;
11. Maintains excellent public relations in the college community and with the public;
12. May assign work to student and part-time employees;
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official academic transcripts are required at time of hire. MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program.
Review Start Date: 10/3/2017
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.