Research Associate-Fixed Term
A 12-month position is available in social/personality psychology in the Department of Psychology at Michigan State University. The Department of Psychology offers a unique environment for conducting state-of-the-art research with top scientists in the field. The position will involve conducting original research on projects related to social and personality development including the correlates of early pubertal timing, the development of relationship quality over time, the association between economic pressure and interpersonal processes, and long-term personality development in the context of intimate relationships.
To be competitive for the position, the applicant must have expertise in the fields of social/personality psychology, family psychology, and human development. In addition, the applicant must have expertise managing existing publically available secondary datasets. Advanced quantitative skills are also required. Applicants must also have demonstrated experience with disseminating research findings through peer-reviewed publications and the ability to be a collaborative team member. Applicants must have a completed PhD in human development, family science, psychology, or another relevant social science discipline before starting the position.Required Degree
Doctorate -Research/ScientificMinimum Requirements
- PhD in a relevant field such as human development, family science, psychology or related social science discipline
- Experience using existing secondary datasets in developmental psychology and family scienc
- Experience using Mplus, SPSS, and Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing and merging large datasets and creating syntax
- Demonstrated familiarity with the family stress model, vulnerability-stress-adaptation model, and related models in family science
- Demonstrated experience with scientific communication through peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Substantive interests in and experience conducting research related to the family stress model
A brief cover letter expressing your interest in the positionSpecial Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.