This position reports to the Director of Admissions assisting with all aspects of the admissions and recruitment process. The counselor plans and executes recruitment activities and represents the College, working directly with prospective students and their families, secondary school guidance and other staff, and schools or organizations which are involved in the college placement process. This is a full-time, benefits eligible salaried staff union position.
- Develop a prospect management plan and execute a travel plan in designated geographic areas
- Counsel prospective students and families
- May supervise student employees serving as admissions tour guides or providing content for social media
- Conducts MMA tours for potential students and parents
- Travel to high schools and college fairs to meet with students, parents, school counselors and alumni
- Conducts group information sessions, both on and off campus
- Evaluate admissions files and determine admissions decisions;
- Plan and conduct appropriate follow-up activities off-campus for prospects, parents, school counselors and alumni to meet enrollment goals
- Represent the Academy at on and off-campus events and programs
- Meet enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area
- Speak publicly to individuals, groups on and off campus
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key secondary school constituents
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency
- Monitor and manage online communities of prospective students through a variety of social networking platforms
- Implement online recruitment efforts that grow student interest, build active social communities, and ensure that MMA utilizes the full potential of emerging technologies that can assist our recruitment efforts
- Other duties as assigned
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. The Academy may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with policy and collective bargaining agreements.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work irregular / extended hours/weeks, including night and weekend duties as required
- Knowledge of Windows Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a student-oriented training environment
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Presentation experience
- Sales/marketing skills
- Energetic, flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to effectively communication in person and in writing and be able to speak publicly
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively
- SLATE or other CRM experience preferred.
- May be required to work irregular hours and travel extensively to meet business needs
- In carrying Admissions material may exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
- Ability to walk the length of the campus several times during a day and to provide tours of the Training Ship State of Maine, which includes walking on inclines, through narrow passageways and climbing stairs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, résumé, completed MMA Application*, MMA Self-Identification Form**, copies of applicable professional certifications, transcripts and/or licenses, contact information for at least three professional references, and a completed MMA Application Checklist to email@example.com or via fax to 207-326-2134.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In the subject line of your email, please write the full title of the position you are applying for and your name. For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment. All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation. Individuals cruising onboard our ships are also required to undergo a pre-employment drug-screening.
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
**Please do not include the MMA Self-Identification form in the same document as your application materials. You may attach it to the same email as a separate document.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MMA is unable at this time to sponsor visas. We welcome foreign nationals with valid U.S. work authorization to apply.