Director of Nursing
Empowerment Healthcare has immediate need for a Director of Nursing ( Psychiatric Nurse or Nurse with Psychiatric experience). A minimum of 3 years of management experience required.
If you are an organized, analytical and flexible RN with a passion for quality healthcare and a desire for career satisfaction, join Empowerment Healthcare (EH) today! EH helps clients of all ages make the transition to post-acute care in the community. We combine a clinically driven operational model and an efficient management team to offer a comprehensive healthcare package that puts the client's needs first. While we are a growing healthcare provider, we function more like a supportive family to our clients.
You will conduct psychiatric assessments of clients with diverse mental health challenges. You will provide medication management and education services consistent with the needs of the client. You will collaborate with nursing staff to ensure clients receive appropriate follow up, monitoring and education regarding medication and symptoms of mental illness.
- Conduct employee and/or department reviews to ensure procedures and protocols are being followed
- Administer the development of nursing service policies through planning, organization, delegation, and coordination of the nursing staff
- Interview and hire nursing staff
- Maintain educational requirements regarding current best practices, medications and treatments available
- Collaborate with administrative/support staff to ensure efficiency in scheduling client appointments, follow up, consultations, phone calls, etc.
- Facilitate and evaluate clients for admission to our group homes
- Provide protection to clients from accident, injury, and infection by ensuring Nursing and Patient Care Policies and Procedures are observed
- Make prompt and accurate nursing care and management judgments
- Effectively communicate with clients, staff, families, visitors, and others to convey a sense of caring, concern and dignity for the clients
- Hold weekly staff conferences to go over work performance and specific patient cases
- Current RN license in the state of Minnesota
- Associate's degree in Nursing, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Combined 5 years of experience providing home health nursing care or working in a group home
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to learn and remember large amount of information
- Emotional stability, patience, and compassion
- Being dedicated to customer service
- Having computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Being comfortable reviewing and working with financial data
- State of Minnesota 245 D, AFC and Class F regulations knowledge highly preferred
- Leadership experience required
Empowerment Healthcare strives to truly Support, Advocate, and Empower our clients to meet their full potential and have the opportunity to succeed in the community.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:07:46 PDT