Director of Gift Planning - UIC / Search Extended
Close Date: 10/20/2017
Director of Gift Planning
The University of Illinois Foundation (UIF), a separate 501(c)(3) organization that raises and administers private gift support for the University of Illinois (UI) and its three campuses, seeks an experienced Director of Gift Planning. The successful candidate will serve as a fundraising specialist in the area of planned giving arrangements and work collaboratively with colleagues across the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and the University of Illinois Foundation (UIF) to provide technical support and guidance related to gift planning. Secures major and planned giving commitments (both outright and deferred) for UIC. Serves as the UIC liaison to UIF for matters related gift planning, including but not limited to gift planning administrative policies, tax matters, and gift documentation requirements. Works primarily as a consultant and expert and secondarily as a portfolio manager.
- Provides accurate and timely advice, calculations, proposals, documents, and other assistance to UIC development officers, outside advisors, and other inquiring parties with regard to the technical aspects of outright and deferred gifts; including tax, estate, and financial considerations.
- Provides guidance to prospects and donors regarding charitable giving options as well as funding opportunities pertaining to colleges, departments, and programs.
- Manage plans for gift planning prospects and donors.
- Through donor-initiated gift planning and gift planning marketing responses, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward gift planning prospects and donors for UIC.
- Stays current with and maintains professional knowledge about tax laws, regulatory changes, and other technical aspects of charitable gift planning.
- In collaboration with UIC units, coordinates programs and activities designed to market planned giving to UIC prospects and donors.
- Assist with fundraising campaigns
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in charitable gift planning or in related areas of law, taxation, trusts, charitable planning or investments
- High integrity, relationship-building skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytic ability, oral and written communication skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Some evening and weekend work and a valid driver's license
- Experience in higher education and a demonstrated track record of collaboration with other fundraisers is strongly preferred.
- Juris Doctorate (JD), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or similar designation
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including, but not limited to, a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Extended Application Deadline: October 20, 2017
Application Process: For full consideration, all candidates must complete an online application and create a profile at jobs.uif.uillinois.edu and upload a cover letter and resume for full consideration. Applicant interviews may begin before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER