Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutiona
Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking to add a full-time Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications to their team in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement.
Primary Position Function/Summary:
The mission of Annual Giving Programs is to acquire donors who wish to make Illinois a philanthropic priority and systematically increase their support by facilitating opportunities to give through a comprehensive, personalized, convenient, multi-channel approach. Annual Giving Programs is a key area of the Advancement program at Illinois. By soliciting and securing philanthropic funding and resources, Advancement is integral to the academic success of the University's colleges, units, departments and programs.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications is responsible for crafting consistent and compelling solicitation and stewardship messages for the campus and for units. Additionally, the Associate Director of Annual Giving Communications integrates these messages into print and electronic campaigns to solicit and steward annual gifts from alumni and friends. As a member of the Illinois Annual Fund team, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications assists with the planning and implementation of campus and unit annual giving campaigns.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop messaging for all annual solicitation materials and selected stewardship materials in various formats (mail, telemarketing, and electronic) on behalf of the campus, campus units and selected programs.
- Manage design and production for solicitation and stewardship campaigns throughout the fiscal year.
- Participate in shaping overall Illinois Annual Fund campaign strategy each year.
- Craft giving messages in coordination with the Mar/Comm and Stewardship teams in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement and Public Affairs for use in written solicitations and other Annual Fund communications.
- Build and communicate case for special campus and unit initiatives within the context of annual giving and stewardship.
- Work with the Annual Giving team and Mar/Comm team to create a template system for major gift proposals. Serve as a writing resource and expert to unit staff members.
- Assist with identifying and creating content for stewardship and annual giving needs - including conducting and interviewing donors and writing/editing stories.
- Build supportive and collaborative internal relationships with campus units to inform, design, advocate and market the long-term business objectives and service role of annual giving.
- Maintain awareness of student/faculty accomplishments, annual fund uses, and donor impact across campus and integrate into Illinois Annual Fund solicitations and stewardship pieces.
- Craft written responses to address donor questions and concerns regarding campus issues and policies.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year in annual giving, marketing, and/or communications
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of print and direct mail production processes
- Familiarity with large databases and social media
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Understands and adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by October 9, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Brenda Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1700574)
Open Date: 09/18/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement