Director of Accreditation and Academic Quality Improvement
The position will coordinate and direct assessment, accreditation, and program review activities for the College of Education and education-related programs across UCCS. As part of the Academic Leadership Team, the individual will report to the Associate Dean. This is a full-time staff position.
- Spearheading the collection and use of data to analyze and document the College of Education's progress and performance;
- Preparing and maintaining data reports and documentation needed by accrediting bodies, government agencies and others as required;
- Managing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with national and state accreditation requirements for certification, degree, and licensure programs;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis of program effectiveness, student learning outcomes, instructional effectiveness, as well as to support planning, decision-making, and grant reporting;
- Retrieving and analyzing information from an array of data management systems;
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across the institution and the College of Education to understand needs, share insights concerning data, plan for the collection of information, provide the necessary training to effectively manage and understand data, and promote a data-informed culture;
- Coordinating with the Institutional Research Office, Registrar, Assessment Office and others as required to ensure consistent information related to admissions, retention, attrition, and graduation to provide stakeholders with information for decision-making, planning, and training;
- Collaborating with faculty and staff in developing effective assessment strategies associated with student learning outcomes, creating/identifying valid and reliable assessment instruments, analyzing assessment methods and results, reporting and communicating assessment results, and preparing reports and presentations;
- Implementing a comprehensive and proactive plan for collecting, analyzing, reporting, and disseminating data on students, services, and academic programming, including developing policies and procedures that ensure accurate and trustworthy data;
- Supporting the College's strategic planning process, including developing benchmarks and tracking progress;
- Advise on data stewardship and governance issues;
- Act as College of Education's representative in working with IT;
- Developing and maintain College of Education Website;
- Contributing to marketing strategies;
- Communicating effectively with a broad range of constituents;
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the College of Education Assessment and Accreditation Standing Committee;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Applicant must understand databases, assessment, and curriculum design and alignment. Knowledge of program evaluation, assessment, and accreditation is essential. Applicant must possess the ability to track several projects simultaneously, have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to build positive relationships.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
Applicants must have a master's degree in education from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of three years combined experience with P-12 education and/or in a higher education setting.
In addition to the requirements above, preferred candidates will possess experience with the CAEP and/or CACREP accreditation process, experience using technology to enhance educational experiences for students pursuing teacher preparation such as video coaching, and advanced proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and statistical software.
Candidates must also possess strong communication skills to broadly engage a variety of constituents both within and outside of the University and to serve as an advocate for the College of Education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by November 1, 2017 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40036 - College of Education
Posting Date: Sep 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Grant Clayton
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738883