Program Director of Auxiliary Services Marketing
The Director will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of auxiliary services marketing strategies, print and electronic marketing communications and select public relations activities. The Director will prepare, submit and defend the annual budget proposal for marketing services and will manage the allocated budget in order to demonstrate the highest return on investment. The position focuses primarily on internal marketing efforts but will extend efforts to external marketing audiences as needed. The position provides strategic marketing direction as well as oversees day-to-day marketing production output.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
o A comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategic plan for the auxiliary services departments that will enhance each representative department's image and position with both internal and external constituents.
o Facilitate internal and external communications.
o All marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition, and electronic marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of Auxiliary Services Department publications materials in accordance with University Graphic Standards.
- Directs units in the creation and management of all electronic published content (images, video and written).
- Directs units in the design, creation and management of promotions, social media and social ad campaigns.
- Monitors trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- As directed by the Vice Chancellor for Administration and Auxiliary Services, may be required to represent Auxiliary units to the media.
- Liaisons with deans, directors, administrative units, campus and external constituencies as relates to auxiliary marketing initiatives.
- Liaisons with the campus Web Services department within Information Technology to create and manage auxiliary web pages in an interactive, comprehensive, compatible and cutting edge technological environment.
- Budget analysis, preparation, defense, and management for the operating budgets.
- Conducts relevant market research, monitor trends, and assess effectiveness of initiatives.
- Develops and coordinates means to seek regular input from key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services.
- Leads projects as assigned such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Knowledge of personnel and fiscal management methods and practices; federal, state and university laws, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing and media as relates to auxiliary services on a university campus, and knowledge of computer applications for service providers.
- Skill in leadership and management, and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver student-oriented services on a campus with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Proven ability to manage a service-oriented office environment and create cooperative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application including experience writing editing and copyrighting.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage and prioritize and large inflow of deadline-driven design and marketing initiatives.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and hiring, training, developing and supervising personnel.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others; and the ability to build and motivate amarketing and service team.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $68,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- The Director of Auxiliary Services Marketing is a management position, which requires a bachelor's degree in marketing or closely related field.
- Five years of experience working in the marketing field.
- Master's degree in marketing or closely related field.
- More than Five years of experience working in the marketing field.
- Work in higher education preferred in the marketing field.
- Work in auxiliary services preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 2, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40118 - Ast Vice Chancllr Admn&Finance
Posting Date: Sep 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Phillip Gallegos
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00417503