Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Educational Technology - 6010410
Cover Letter, Resume
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, supporting solutions, monitoring and maintaining the College's network system.
- Perform site touch labor on all local communication devices, assets, and end points
- Deploy LAN, WAN and wireless network solutions for campus
- Incorporate all new end point devices into the network
- Update and maintain current LAN, WAN, and wireless infrastructure
- Troubleshoot network issues, perform hardware replacement upgrades, and restoration
- Perform analytics to determine trends in server, network and device performances. Submit results and initial analysis to team for further analysis and recommendations
- Perform network programming to maintain adequate network security to include: firewalls, routers, switches, authentication systems and cryptography to network services
- Document physical and logical network designs
- Diagnose and resolve simple LAN and wireless network problems, referring more complex issues to next level support
- Diagnose and resolve issues with Voice over IP telecommunications. Maintain VOIP phones, servers and services
- Implement networking services through working on Unix, Linux and Windows based servers
- Other related duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years desktop support experience with IP address management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience cable planting, repairing, management and termination
- Experience configuring Extreme routers and switches
- Experience or working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and other standard protocols
- Experience or working knowledge of wireless solutions
- Experience or working knowledge of Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, including Visio
- Experience or working knowledge of monitoring network traffic and making appropriate recommendations
- Familiarity with network protocols, including IP addressing and sub-netting
- Familiarity with networking basic concepts
- Familiarity with VOIP and call center services
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic computer/networking problem solving skills
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Ability to be highly self-motivated, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as required
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.