Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Engineering (F114)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Engineering
Position Tracking Number: F114
School/College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Department: Engineering and Computer Science
Location: Azusa, CA
The Department of Engineering and Computer Science in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the Azusa Pacific University invites applications for a faculty position in Computer Engineering at the assistant or associate professor level. The Department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Engineering and in Computer Science and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Information Systems. The Engineering program currently offers two concentration areas: Systems Engineering and Computer Engineering.
The Department places very strong emphasis on excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level although research and scholarly activities are also encouraged and there are long-term plans for growing into the graduate levels. The faculty members are also expected to be role models to the students in practicing their Christian faith in the contexts of their Engineering and Computer Science professions.
- Development and teaching of upper- and lower-division lecture and lab courses in engineering and related disciplines
- Maintain an active research agenda
- Participate in recruitment, mentoring and academic advising of undergraduate students
- Participate in department and university affairs
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant or Associate Professor
- A Ph.D. in Engineering is required. Computer Engineering is strongly preferred but another engineering discipline with strong computer applications may be considered. Ph.D. candidates with ABD status are welcome to apply
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution is required. Computer/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Evidence of course work in or industry exposure to one of the emerging applications areas such as cyber-physical systems, Internet of things, network security, or big data analytics is highly desirable
- Strong software skills and familiarity with modern programming languages is highly desirable
- Ability to engage in the other two curricular tracks in the department (systems engineering and computer science) is desirable
- Experience in or commitment to working with students of diverse backgrounds is required
- Teaching experience at the college or university level in a student-centered environment is preferred
- Work experience in the computer industry is highly desirable
- Engagement in professional and scholarly activities is desired
- Evidence of collegial teamwork, including collaboration with colleagues across traditional disciplinary boundaries is desired
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.