Membership Sales Manager
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Membership Sales Manager is responsible for generating new membership sales within the fitness and aquatics responsibility center. Activities include, but are not limited to, new member recruitment, program and service sales, and relationship management. This position reports directly to the Director of Fitness & Aquatics. Selected candidate will receive a base salary in addition to commission opportunities.
- Implement a comprehensive membership sales program in collaboration with the Director of Fitness & Aquatics and the Assistant Director of Marketing & Engagement to achieve new membership goals based on deployed revenue expectations.
- Responsible for executing new sales and engagement opportunities for fitness center and aquatics members that further enhances their participation at the Ritchie Center and/or maximizes additional fiscal opportunities through available programs and services.
- Responsible for developing and updating CRM data for fitness and aquatics members via approved systems and processes.
- Responsible for scheduling fitness assessments/facility introductions for new fitness center members with the long-term goals of enhanced relationship development, member engagement and membership longevity.
- Responsible for managing membership revenue budget in accordance with University policy and in a fiscally responsible manner, working to maximize profit margin in all responsibility areas. This will include budget reporting, deployment, forecasting and analysis.
- Work in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Marketing & Engagement to promote fitness and aquatics programs to current and potential members. This includes monitoring website content, preparing/presenting off-site promotions to potential clients and adhering to established marketing plans.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all Membership Services personnel including hourly, work-study and intern staff in accordance with University policies and procedures. This includes recruiting/interviewing candidate, ensuring hiring paperwork is complete for selected applicants, development/maintenance of schedule for staff, evaluation of staff performance, training all staff in accordance with duties outlined in the position description as well as maintain up to date personnel files with valid certifications and bi-weekly payroll approvals.
- Assist with development and maintenance of training protocols for customer service and membership sales.
- Responsible for helping create and manage a consistent quality experience for all customers of the Coors Fitness Center and the Ritchie Center by performing quality walkthroughs.
- Responsible for submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as necessary (3%) Serve on project teams as necessary. Attend, participate in and fulfill assigned duties in all departmental, divisional and project team meetings.
- Effectively communicate with direct report regarding issues, concerns or discussions of philosophy regarding the fitness and aquatics responsibility center and/or the Division of Athletics & Recreation.
- Supervise Membership Services Staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Fitness Industry.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-4 years of sales or related experience.
- Master's degree.
- Personal Trainer.
- Group Exercise Instructor.
- 3-5 years of sales or related experience.
Part-time, to be coordinated with Supervisor. Evenings and weekends are required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, September 29, 2017.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online with a cover letter and resume will be accepted. Once within the job description online, scroll to the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.