Internship Program Manager
Requisition # 2017-7970
Department Princeton Environmental Inst
Category Academic Administration
Date Posted 2 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton Environmental Institute (PEI) seeks an experienced and responsible professional to serve as Internship Coordinator for its environmental internship programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Internship Program Manager administers PEI's summer internship program which engages upwards of 100 students annually in research and service assignments with Princeton faculty and other host enterprises in research labs and field locations around the globe.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support creation, implementation, and promotion of high quality internship immersion experiences for undergraduate students.
- Administer online applications/awards process; and provide support for the review and selection of student candidates.
- Plan and implement pre-departure orientation and other training activities to address issues associated with international travel, research compliance, environmental health and safety, academic program goals, and student achievement.
- Organize and administer annual Summer of Learning Seminar involving 100+ students and faculty moderators to assure integrity of program outcomes and academic learning objectives.
- Serve as a central point of contact and communication for faculty, students, administrators, and outside parties to promote the program and to ensure that critical deadlines and program requirements are met.
- Manage complex travel itineraries and logistical details for students travelling to international destinations including countries on the U.S. Department of State Travel Warning List.
- Coordinate with University administrators to facilitate compliance with IRB, international travel, legal, health, and safety standards.
- Liaise with professional colleagues inside and outside the University as necessary to address issues that arrive and in the event of emergencies
- Develop, implement, and maintain technology interfaces and infrastructure to support program management and reporting functions. Maintain databases including historical records. Develop reports on key indicators of program success including performance metrics, surveys, student and faculty testimonials, and anecdotal evidence to support executive decision making, University reporting, and donor stewardship.
- Collaborate with communications personnel to develop materials to promote and highlight program activities and outcomes.
- Track and forecast expenditures in line with program budget.
- Work with Executive Director to develop protocols, policies and procedures to meet the Program's educational objectives, quality standards, participation goals and to manage risk factors.
Program Management experience and/or 3-5 years of experience advising undergraduates in academic or co-curricular activities.
Proven ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, administrative colleagues, and sponsor organizations.
Strong organizational and administrative skills. Attention to detail in planning and implementing events.
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Strong computer skills including comfort level working with database management applications.
Superb judgement and maturity. Ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems.
Poise and reliability to work and respond under pressure. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information responsibly.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-like setting.
Applicants must be proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Master's degree in relevant field.
Knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures related to undergraduate travel domestically and abroad including legal; transportation, and housing.
Experience with University systems: Global Programs System (GPS), Student Activities Funding Engine (SAFE).
Experience using HTML code, ACCESS (queries and reports), Form Router, and Adobe Pro are desired.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.