Job Description Summary
Role functions as a student Academic Advisor in a multi-site University System of Georgia college, reporting to the Director of Academic Success within Academic Affairs. The position will be based primarily on the Cartersville Instructional Site.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of thousands of students and their families.
• Completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Ability to understand college catalog and help students make appropriate choices of courses for degree completion or transfer
• Understanding of grade point average calculations and ability to guide students toward increasing GPA
• Reliable with good time management skills and ability to identify and complete needed tasks
• Ability to travel between assigned campuses and to work after-hour events as needed.
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Banner system preferred
• Advise students at all levels and in all majors
• Participate in new student orientations and other advising events
• Assist in training faculty and staff advisors
• Participate in assessment of advising services
• Able to work independently and with groups
• Able to work as a team member and serve on committees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of BANNER advising/registration system
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies
• Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies
• Knowledge of rules and regulations related to remedial courses
• Knowledge of student support services
• Knowledge of general financial aid rules
• Knowledge of general transfer policies
• Knowledge of degree audit programs
• Skill in the provision of advising to potential and current students
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• High-level skill in oral and written communication
• Excellent customer service skills