Regional Operations Coordinator
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Enrollment Management and Marketing seeks a full-time Regional Operations Coordinator (State Title: Staff Associate). The position will be located in Latham, NY, and have responsibilities in Latham, Schenectady, Queensbury, Albany, and Newburgh as well as across the college's New York statewide footprint, in over 30 locations.
The Office of Enrollment Management is a dynamic, highly collaborative, student focused division dedicated to providing timely, high touch support through the student lifecycle.
This position is part of a leadership team for the Executive Director of Regional Operations.
- Coordinating and managing budgeting in locations and regions of responsibility
- Developing reception plan across locations and coordinating reception coverage in the area of responsibility
- Developing and leading customer service initiatives
- Supervising the look and feel of the locations
- Leading community engagement and outreach
- Supporting commencement planning (led by the President's Office)
- Serving as communication and point of contact with the landlords
- Monitoring the suspension of operations and cancellation of activities for weather or emergency reasons
- Developing and guiding operations strategy across regional footprint
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for statewide centralized operations manual
- Building staffing models and infrastructure for support across Office of Enrollment Management units
- Serving as the Executive Director's designee at the local level on behalf of statewide operations
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years' experience in higher education, or non-profit; related to management, admissions, or student affairs
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Effective listening, probing and assessment skills
- Experience working with data to analyze and evaluate outcomes
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-driven environment
- Experience managing a moderate sized staff, especially in a distributed environment
- Master's degree
- Four or more years in higher education and experience in enrollment management, admissions or related field
- Experience in adult and non-traditional education
- Experience with CRM and other data management tools
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Travel required throughout the Hudson Valley and Capital District, and occasionally across New York State
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Valid Driver's License required
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security