Technical Product Owner
Do you have experience with Supply Chain TMS systems? Then this job is for you.
BluJay Solutions Technical Product Owners are the voice of our customers into the R&D team, quantifying business requirements and translating those into new features. They are responsible for maximizing the time developers spend enhancing our technology suite and ensuring that the work delivers the highest possible value to our customers' organizations.
All of the software products we offer are hosted in a single-instance, multi-tenant model accessed by thousands of users across dozens of countries, and our primary application, Transportation Management, is used to plan, execute, track, and settle billions of dollars of transportation movements every year.
We are a Scrum shop that works closely with our end users and subject matter experts to make sure that the software we build solves real-world problems and isn't painful to use. Product Owners are members of Scrum teams working closely with Scrum Masters, Software Engineers, and Quality Analysts to enhance our products in a way that solves real business problems. Product Owners also work cross-functionally to ensure successful communication, adoption, and use of the developed technology.
Product development is critical to the ongoing success of BluJay Solutions, so we are committed to hiring the best and providing them the tools and knowledge to succeed. We embrace a relaxed work environment combined with comfy furniture, cool tech, and great people.
You'll need to be willing to ask questions, ready to learn (and to teach), and driven to succeed. Foosball, air hockey, and/or ping pong skills are an added bonus.
• Understand our product, our users, and our industry
• Gather customer requirements and translate them into problems that can be solved
• Create, maintain, and prioritize a backlog of product feature requests in the form of user stories
• Apply Scrum principles to quickly identify and react to changes while working iteratively
• Work effectively across various functional groups
• Be willing to make decisions and ultimately own the results
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Properly set priority and order for work
• Ask for help and provide it to others
• Understand your skills and your talents and apply them appropriately
• Maintain personal accountability for getting things done on time and with quality results
• Experience in the supply chain industry with an emphasis on transportation
• Possess the interpersonal skills to work with everyone from developers to end users
• Proven ability to turn customer requests into clear business requirements
• Demonstrated skill in managing internal and external customer expectations
• Experience supporting and/or implementing Transportation Management Systems
• Current CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner)
Its no longer just about multi-modal, omni-channel and booking tools. We are moving toward a new era of business where global trade shifts to the forefront, and supply chain becomes todays battleground. BluJay delivers the expertise, breadth of cloud-based software applications, and end-to-end collaborative visibility that organisations need to make speed a competitive weapon, and optimize their future in the global economy.
The new BluJay Solutions brand reflects the companys unique ability to help customers achieve greater velocity of global trade and operate at the speed of business even in the face of dynamic market forces and fluctuations in customer demand. With more than 40,000 carriers, shippers, forwarders, suppliers, and LSPs, the BluJay Global Trade Network is the largest in the world, creating a powerful network that delivers the benefits of universal connectivity among participants.
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:43:49 PDT