General Summary of Position:
The mission of Career Services and Cooperative Education is to help students successfully transition from their academic pursuits to their career goals by promoting and facilitating career education, exploration of options and connections with employers.
The Career Counselor will focus on the following primary activities:
• Advise students & alumni on a wide range of career issues
• Develop and facilitate career development workshops and programs
• Engage campus partners to support the career development of our students
• Market and promote career services and cooperative education
• Contribute to the administration of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field AND at least 3 years of experience in education, human resources, recruiting
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field AND at least 1 year of experience in education, human resources, recruiting
- 1 - 3 years demonstrated experience in career development, experiential education, student development, employer relations and/or university relations
- Demonstrated experience in a career-related counseling or advising capacity
- Master's Degree in a relevant field
- Career services experience in higher education is preferred
- Demonstrated communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver career advising for diverse populations through individual, drop-in, and group appointments; workshops; and other programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop relationships with clients as well as faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in work with clients as well as administrative work
- Demonstrated ability to initiate efforts for collaboration and delivery of services
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.